Fuminex

New to Business

Hello all,

I'm new in the business of cctv. I, was wondering if anybody could give me advice on a couple of things:

1. What are the rating systems on the DVR, from best to worst, typically 16ch, 480fps, etc...

2. I, just installed a 16ch pc based system I bought on EBAY (KCUSA STORE), it's pretty good, but for some reason the cameras have good resolution on some and bad on the others, any advice on this?

3. I, want to get more options than PC BASED, I, signed a contract for a supermarket chain and I want to provide a proffesional system in the price range of $3,000 to $4000 complete package!

4. Is GV from Samsung any good? Mace Cameras?

Will really appreciate your feedback!!!!

GV from Samsung are no good, but one member here says good things about mace cameras.

You might want to look at Provideo if you are looking for cheap, but there are other alternatives.

Just read the forum and you will find a wealth of information.

Mace cameras are good...There releasing there professional line here in the next week or so. About 15 all new cameras aimed more towards the professional.

when you say you want to provide a professional system in the price range of 3,000 to 4,000. How many cameras are you talking about for each store? I am not saying what we do is right but we dont provide many systems that would be less than 5,000

I wouldn't touch a Supermarket for 5K, unless it was a 4 camera job and even that is debatable. I don't see where that would be competitve with others such as ADT, Checkpoint, etc...

Scottj

From what I've heard from dealers, 5k would be extremely competative with ADT. What I might find hard is using good products and making my budget at 5k, let alone margin.

When I think of Supermarket, I think of Ralph's or Albertsons in size etc.

That would take a minimum of 16 cameras to provide coverage, typically more.

5K wouldn't provide the prevailing wages for an install of that magnitude, let alone any equipment. Market average for a job that size in my area, 15~23K depending on the recorders, cameras, etc. ADT is generally on the high end of that spectrum once you factor out the lease agreement and fees. They can easily double that price in some of their leases if the customer chooses not to capitalize the equipment.

If it is a Quick Shop like a 7-Eleven or an AM/PM store, 5K would probably cut it and still be able to offer some decent fixed cameras with a nice recording package.

Scottj

I, appreciate all the feedback.

I, want to be at 3,000 or 4,000, my cost for a decent system. I, pay 40% introductory fee into the country, and yes it has to be a minimum of 16 cameras.

Please advice.

Thank you

when i said 5,000. I dont mean 16 cameras for 5,000. I pulled that number becuause that was the lowest system we have ever done. And it was 3 cameras. Ya 16 cameras. That would run somewhere around 25,000 over here. There is absolutely no way I would do a 16 system for 3,000 to 4,000. Wow!

Do you already have a distributor where you buy from?

If you have a distributor already, well we have many of them on this forum also that can get you anything you need, regardless of that, what products are you looking at that your distributor carries, what is your market area, budget or high end?

#1 - Forget Ebay if you want a professional system. You want a distributor that can offer a warranty, as, like me, returning the product to the manufacturer with custom duties, etc, is a waste of money and your time. A good distributor that can handle warranties is a must.

#2 - The Cheaper the product, not always, but more than often, the more likely it is to fail and you have to deal with alot of work shipping it back, and dealing with customs again ... look for a mid to high end product, or even if it is OEM, deal with a product that has a low failure rate - get some stats if you are going to buy OEM, if you can, either from here, or other installers.

#3 - GVI is a Samsung Company, but there are several Samsung Companies, GVI is basically OEM products, they have some okay products, nothing amazing though - Samsung Techwin has the better products in my "opinion", though they cost more, still not my personall choice. It sounds like you have been targetted by the Miami distributors?

the rest. I know your Customs issues, we deal with them here, I cant even sell the a 16 camera Eclipse system (cheapest) for $4K local, more like $10K at the least.

If you dont want to name names (i suggest against it in the public forum), PM or Email me ... and I'm sure I can help you in some way.

Thanks

Rory.

there is a new brand out there now,

I think it's CPcam they're called.

They sent me like whole bunch of materials and some looks good and some looks general...

but maybe you could check it out, here is their website,

www.cpcamnewyork.com

hope it helps.

CPCam sells AVTech, it is garbage. I just sent a 16 channel unit back we tested, I wouldn't install that thing in a dog house.

Scottj

777.jpg

This one is OK. Tested it for about 3 months didnt have any problems at all. Never bought one though. I guess good for something cheap.

Yea probably, thats the only AV product we actually had success with. All the rest cams, web servers pretty glitchy and cheap.

http://www.cpcamnewyork.com/cpd507.html

check this out,

this is what they sent me and is what I am going to check out on their expo

the spec looks really nice

also the price they quote me is really sweet too

I've seen the one you shown above

i think that's a simplex dvr with only a few functions

i wouldn't want to try that

but the new one looks interesting...

I havent used the MPEG4 version, the price seems a little too high for what you get, but ive used the one in the image, the network software is the same for all of them, the 16 channel one shown in the image, not bad for the price. it IS a cheap budget DVR, for 16 channels though, nothing matches the price .. yet. There are a couple glitches with it .. but i could live with them, better IMO than the Everfocus, Provideo, and Hisharp budget versions, which actually cost more. I wouldnt sell it as High End DVR though, i dont sell any of the others but we have tested them all extensively.

Let us know how the MPEG4 version works out ..

Rory

I went to that EXPO thing and saw the 16CH, it's actually very good in terms of performance and features. The picture quality is one of the best I've seen so far. Their real time playback is only for CIF mode, full D1 has 120 FPS, which is still very nice.

I like the look of it as well, I especially like their 4CH version, it's small and compact and looks neat The 16CH and 8CH has DVD R/W, but 4CH doesn't. The motion detection is actually quite good. Oh by the way, it supports disc array for extra storage which is, I think, very nice.

Personally i think CPcam (AV TECH) has done well with the MPEG-4 system, I bought a 4CH version on site. By the way, have I mention the price is really good?? The only problem I have is that I don't like their internet interface which looks the same as their older version. But can't ask more for a standalone unit with this kind of price. I am satisfied with it.

I also saw their new cameras, their speed dome looks nice but they didn't let show how the picture looks. What I really like is their mini sensors for the PTZ. When the sensor is triggered, the PTZ will be guided to that spots, so now you can actually trace objects with PTZ. They also showed a thing called X-10 which use the power line to send images, but the quality isn't very stable.

I think CPcam (AV TECH) is on a verge of producing prodcuts that's actually very attractive for quality and price. Keep it up!!