hardheaded409

20 camera system

Hello everyone wanted to ask a quick few question. I have a client (and by client i mean my cousin) who wants a 20 camera system for his house (16 inside 4 outside) originally i tried to get him to get a 8 camera system 4 outside and 4 in but he insist on putting a camera in every room and hallway... he wants to be able to view them on his ipad and phone so im thinking im going to need ip cameras, and he wants motion detection so they wont record unless they detect motion. Now heres how im thinking about setting it up:

the 16 cameras inside i will do a mixture of wired and wireless, wired for the high traffic places for more reliability for the connection and wireless in the less traveled. i will have a switch that the 8 wired cameras run to and have that switch connected to my router. The four outside I was thinking should be wired also running to the switch but really would prefer them to be wireless (being lazy and dont want to run cat 5 outside), really i would prefer the whole system to be wireless but i heard that wireless cameras aren't really that good, feel free to to tell me otherwise. I was thinking of using a pc card dvr because of the sheer number of cameras i want a powerful dedicated machine that can handle all the traffic. now the problem i am having is deciding which cameras are good for this type of setup and what software i should use....or even if this is a good idea for a setup. As you can see I am in the beginning stages of planning this setup so any and all advice would be helpful I am a novice when it comes to cameras and surveillance systems so please be gentle.

thank you for taking the timeout to read my wall of text

Not recommending one system over the other, but why don't you just go with a 24 camera wired system, ie;

hxxp://shoppingcctv.com/-p-2616/GW4024HS.html

Replace the "xx" with "tt".

There are other 24 camera systems out there, I just posted that as an example. You can use IP camera's, but they're more expensive and you still have to get wired power to them.

Dennis

Not recommending one system over the other, but why don't you just go with a 24 camera wired system, ie;

hxxp://shoppingcctv.com/-p-2616/GW4024HS.html

hi . i wold not bother with link posted .......you will waste your money.

what is your budget ???? also hybrid might fit your needs

I was not recommending the link, just an example. Not the company in the link, but I have installed several 24 and 32 wired camera systems and they work great. One WAN access address to any or all camera locations at one time.

Dennis

I was not recommending the link, just an example. Not the company in the link, but I have installed several 24 and 32 wired camera systems and they work great. One WAN access address to any or all camera locations at one time.

Dennis

But there CIF only

That's true. The last multi-camera system (36) that I installed ended up using 3 separate DVR's because the customer wanted the best video, both live and record (D1), for the money that they had to invest. Have 3 laptops running at their home location to monitor all camera's at their business at one time. They prioritized which camera's were on each screen, so as to switch overlapping area camera's, without losing the continuous tracking of scenario's.