doorphone

How Big brother reality shows CCTV works?

Can anyone please give a brief guide line ,

about what cameras they use for the channel 4 reality show "Big Brother" both indoors and outdoor.

How these above 50 cameras are connected to switching panel, what that switcher is called? and how the data is recorded on 24 hours basis.

Like I have Sony cameras and metal-mickey, but I dont understand how they record so many cameras , which software they use , what device should be there to ensure their recording, is there any specific TV Production technique in this case?

I don't know the specifics of that show, but most likely those are production cameras and not CCTV cameras. The hardware and management tools are quite a bit more complicated and robust than your average (or most above average) CCTV management systems.

Thank you for replying everyone, but is there any other forum where I should discuss this? , if we use 32 CCTV the normal ones, how many systems and what type of systems are required to capture their footage for 24 hours, if we are watching four cameras on one PC in split mode, is there any way of getting separate full size footage of each camera?

a single 32-channel recorder with sufficient storage is all you need. all cameras record separately, so whatever resolution you tell them to record at, they will continue to record at regardless of how you're viewing them.

Well I wrote a lot of the control software and installed all the cameras on the first Big Brother series.

I've also done some of the other 'reality' shows like the School in Harlow, 'The Salon', 'House of tiny tearaways', etc etc.

Recording wise, it's all professional Outside Broadcast kit. For BB, they just parked up an OB lorry inside the studio and built up the entire recording and editing suite around it.

Cameras were modified Metal Mickey's Some were standard rez, some had very nice 3 chip sony cameras in, some had Pro Sony DXC950 camera and lenses mounted onto camera less Mic's. They also had some HD Mics.

Now I think they are moving over to Q-Ball cameras.