Allen912

Dahua HFW2100 or clone.. ?!

Hi,

After having troubles with customs, I decided to buy CCTV/IPCAM directly in my country. Thanks to my "independent/local resseler" status I found an important supplier for professional seller who import more than twenty well-known brands of CCTV products.

I bought Dahua IPC-HFW2100P36 on their website, whey the provide the official datasheet.

I received the camera yesterday, and I'm a bit surprised that there is nowhere a reference to Dahua... Neither on the box : only a big "Color Camera", a few logos, a sticker with "IP Camera", the model, and some caracteristics, nor on the camera.

IS it a clone ? So Dahua won't support it... I have troubles with internet explorer. -Yes I installed it correctly, I'm sure of it-

Thank you for reading me, ans sorry for my approximative english.

In fact it's the same that this one : http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=882

Same web interface... "Web Service V3.0"...

Dahua is a manufacturer (OEM), they are not a brand, they do not provide support or warranty to consumers that I know of. They rely on camera companies, for example Q-See in the U.S. to provide service and support. I have never seen a camera branded as Dahua. This is why it's critical to buy from someone you trust to be there to support you and there's many small mom & pop shops that buy OEM cameras made by Dahua from China and HK and then resell them on eBay or through an online store. The problem is they are mostly bad at supporting you because profits are slim and they rather lose you as a customer than lose time and money supportting you and rarely have a support tech to help you. I've gone through this with one small guy in the U.S. selling on eBay, the moment the slightest thing goes wrong they point fingers and never help you.

But at least you know you saved money, if nothing ever goes wrong.

Thank you for the answer.

The IPC-HFW3300CP for example seems to be branded as Dahua ( http://www.dahua-europe.com/IPC-HFW3300CP ). There is at least a sticker on it. That's why I was suprised. And I didn't realize that none of the HFW2100 was.

I read a lot about CCTV before choosing this "manufacturer" and I didn't realize this point.

I'll search for firmware to try to update it if it exists somewhere ?!

Edit : Found something interesting : http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33328

For my next camera I'll ask here which "better" manufacturer choose to have a sufficient support for a correct price...

I think that site belongs to Dahua because it looks similar to their other sites they own and the stock pictures are the same. I can tell you that when I buy in China from people that buy directly from Dahua, I've yet to see one camera that says Dahua on it. Also the Dahua factory sent me a camera to do a review on, the very same one you show above and it does not say Dahua on it anywhere on the cameras, the box it came in, the software, the firmware, the sticker on the camera that shows model and serial number, nothing, nada, zilch. The few people that do sell in the U.S. have been contacted by Dahua to stop using their company name, even their model numbers when selling the cameras.

The few people that do sell in the U.S. have been contacted by Dahua to stop using their company name, even their model numbers when selling the cameras.

So Strange...

If a company was illegally selling some clones products usurping a brand name, they would behave in the same way...

It's also so strange that a product is sold with the brand specified everywhere on the website and nowhere on the product when it arrives...

I'm not sure where from you are. America ? Here in Europe, to import product, you need to have a "CE" sticker on it, which confirm that product is in accordance with the local technical requirements... This one doesn't have...

Well... Regarding the price I won't wonder about it too much...

Dahua is a manufacturer (OEM), they are not a brand, they do not provide support or warranty to consumers that I know of.

True and not true.

DAHUA also sells branded products, but only via official channels.

For example, all the products we use have the DAHUA logo (on local/web interface) and, also, on the product itself.

If that's true, show me a picture a Dahua camera that says Dahua, and not a stock picture from their site, one of the camera mounted or in your hands.

The Dahua made cameras I own have a sticker with Europe CE and American FCC logos. When you ask if I'm from America, yes, citizen of two countries in the Americas, one in the south and one in the north but today I'm in the north in a country we call los Estados Unidos on the left coast.

Last, can somebody tell me how many amps need this 2100 ? It's only written : 12V. But I think I also need to know about amps?

0,6 A ? 0,8 ?

Thank U

On all the Dahua cameras we have is the Dahua log on just like dexterash says and we bought them at www.dahua-europe.com

Looks like they ship to the U.S. also very cheap, I added two cameras to the cart and they were free, and then I calculated shipping to the U.S. for 2 cameras is 13 EUR.

Looks like they ship to the U.S. also very cheap, I added two cameras to the cart and they were free, and then I calculated shipping to the U.S. for 2 cameras is 13 EUR.

" title="Applause" /> expensive shipping!

as a side not, this is not an official DAHUA website

I know its a while back now for this thread but have http://www.dahua-europe.com/contact gone under?

Does anyone know or recommend a supplier somewhere in Europe for me for the dahua http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hfw3301c-357.html

or as given a good write up by buellwinkle http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=1258 the http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hfw3300c--15.html

After a recent and still ongoing problem with my last import from China of cameras, which are still stuck in customs back in china I would prefer to by a bit closer to home. Within Europe I should be able to miss most of the VAT customs etc. etc. getting them back to Scotland UK.

Oh and in case Dahua are watching any chance you could respond to any of the emails I have been sending you. Your customer service is truly awful I hope I never have to contact you about a problem.

David