Sign in to follow this  
Al Drake

Camera stardards that make them good.

I am comparing the specs such as the number of IRs and things I know little about such as the Sony HAD II and the Effio on the Analog cameras I will be using and wonder what really matters and what is hype. I know TVL is something that should make a difference but if there is no way to tell the actual definition and if a camera is actually 700 TVL for example or less. I see this camera:

http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/Day-Night-CCTV-Camera-p/bipro-x560vf.htm

•Weatherproof casing for outdoor surveillance

•560 Lines of resolution

•150 infrared LEDs illuminate up to 100 meters (300 feet)

•1/3" Color Sony CCD (Super HAD)

•5-50mm vari-focal DC auto-iris lens

•Bracket & 1.5 amp Power Supply Included

and this for a fraction of the price:

http://47digitalcamera.shopping365now.com/brand-new-q1c1-700tv-lines-high-resolution-camera-84ir-sony-effio-5-50mm-vari-focal-lens-license-plate-camera-store-show-more-product-information/

1/3" SONY Effio CCD, Color DSP, Automatic CDS sensor

700 TV Lines high resolution. 84 LED IR Illuminators for night vision

License Plate camera ,ir Night distance up to 250 ft, Construction: Aluminum.

Build-in 5 ~ 50mm Vari-Focal Lens, 0 Lux ( IR LED ON)

and this:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200342908_200342908?srccode=cii_16079562&cpncode=31-77490593-2

So is it fair to say that the more IR lights the further you view at night? Are there different intensity bulbs and can they be interchanged to add a larger aray making one camera better?

Thanks for any comments.

Al.

hi problem is no name camera ....... just looking at one of your camera specs

Description

Criminals are more likely to burglarize your home or business during the night. Purchase the Clover Weatherproof High Resolution Day/Night Color Camera to protect what is important to you both day and night. View crystal clear recordings with the built in Sony chipset and 560 TV lines of resolution. This camera is popular because of its high resolution recording quality and excellent nighttime viewing capabilities.It includes 86 Infrared LEDs enabling users to view up to 120 feet in total darknessClearly view the person driving the suspicious van up to your warehouse entrance after hours or what made the loud sound by your shed or garage. Most night vision applications involve outdoor monitoring and this camera is made for the outdoors with its weather-resistant, rugged steel construction.

•Weatherproof camera

•Universal mount

•Rugged steel construction

•Improved circuitry

•77 LED lights

•High resolution produces a clear color picture

•View up to 60 feet in areas of total darkness

•6mm fixed lens

•Includes attached mounting base and 100-ft. cable

they cant even make there mind up or its spec.

also dont just look at how many IRs (best with none at all) the price for each of your listed cameras is because they start with 6mm lens and go to 50mm VF lens

hi problem is no name camera ....... just looking at one of your camera specs

Description

Criminals are more likely to burglarize your home or business during the night. Purchase the Clover Weatherproof High Resolution Day/Night Color Camera to protect what is important to you both day and night. View crystal clear recordings with the built in Sony chipset and 560 TV lines of resolution. This camera is popular because of its high resolution recording quality and excellent nighttime viewing capabilities.It includes 86 Infrared LEDs enabling users to view up to 120 feet in total darknessClearly view the person driving the suspicious van up to your warehouse entrance after hours or what made the loud sound by your shed or garage. Most night vision applications involve outdoor monitoring and this camera is made for the outdoors with its weather-resistant, rugged steel construction.

•Weatherproof camera

•Universal mount

•Rugged steel construction

•Improved circuitry

•77 LED lights

•High resolution produces a clear color picture

•View up to 60 feet in areas of total darkness

•6mm fixed lens

•Includes attached mounting base and 100-ft. cable

they cant even make there mind up or its spec.

also dont just look at how many IRs (best with none at all) the price for each of your listed cameras is because they start with 6mm lens and go to 50mm VF lens

Yes but the difference in price is what I am wondering about along with the IRs and other specs I don't understand like the EFFIO and HAD II.

I don't expect the adds to ever be anything but selling points and misleading hyp.