Sign in to follow this  
Polaris

QC View setup help

Security camera system newbie here. I have a QC804 NVR and I'm trying to set up Q-See QC View on my iphone but can't get it to work even on the internal network. When I first connected the NVR, I could view the cameras on the QC View app but it later failed. I suspect it had something to do with my settings on the NVR so I chose the "Set To Default" option but to no avail. My NVR is at 192.168.1.2 and I can connect to the NVR through PCs within my network by going to http://192.168.1.2:85 or by using the pss software that accesses the same IP over port 37777. I can't understand why the iphone won't connect as well with the same settings. My settings for the NVR device on QC are:

ip: 192.168.1.2

Port: 37777

userName: admin

passWord: admin

It seems like the QC view app is talking to the NVR because if I put in an invalid id it fails immediately with an "Invalid user" message. If the information is correct, the app will pause and ultimately give a connection failed message.

Thinking I may have messed up some settings on my Router, I tried a new one but with the same results.

I've also tried the superCam for the iphone but no luck there either. I get a timeout error.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

No, I am trying Q-See QC View from the app store and I have also tried SuperCam from the app store.

I just downloaded iDmss and set it up the same (192.168.1.2 port 37777) but I only get a black screen.

Yes, port 37777 is open. I think PSS is using port 37777 and I'm able to connect and view a live feed on PSS running on a couple of different computers inside my home network. For some reason, it's just the iPhone app that won't connect. I'm not even trying to connect outside my my network. I'm just trying to use the internal 192.168.1.2 address right now.

I was just poking around on the NVR and noticed the log view option. I can see a log on the NVR for each time I try to connect from iDMSS both at the internal address and the external (WAN) address. However, I see connection failed in iDMSS and then a log is entered on the NVR that the user I tried to log in as failed. On the NVR the time stamp of the login and logout are the same. I've tried multiple different user but still no luck.

Thank you to all who tried to help. I believe I have it working now. The problem was that I had deselected the Audio/Video checkbox on the record settings page under the extra stream. I'm surprised that choosing the menu item "Default" didn't reset this back to factory settings.

Great! Now either edit your first post or change your password to make your system secure after giving all that information out here. Enjoy your setup!