kevbabes

CCTV from DVR to TV

Hi I'm trying to see my CCTV on my 2 x TV's. (CNM secure H264 DVR unit)

I have not worked out how to send the signal from the CCTV unit to the TV's though.

Do I use VGA or USB ?? (these are the options at the back of my CCTV unit. I do have 2 video out "ports" that would seem to be the obvious answer but not sure how to make these wireless.)

I have the CCTV linked to my router but not sure how to do the same with my TV's (to be viewable)

I want to use to view on both TV'S so will clearly need 2 receivers for whatever sender I get.

Sorry I'm a real dunce when it comes to this.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

you will require something like this:

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=8534

Not cheap though, and I am not aware of any USB solution.

Do you have one of those?

I purchased one of these:

http://www.security-cameras-cctv.com/security-cameras/5.8GHz-Wireless-Transmitter-Kit.html

and added one of these:

http://www.rflinkusa.com/products_APW1000.html

I haven't checked the distance yet.

Al.

that's a lotta money to waste just to avoid pulling a wire.

One wire? How about many wires in many directions. No way could I run a wire from the top floor(third) back loft to the ground floor front kitchen or even the basement and the separate garage. I can give access to my neighbors who only have to purchase cheap receivers which I have several that work great. I was successful in the past using cheap 2.4 GHz but it caused gross interference with Wi-Fi all up and down the street.

So I guess you don't use the one you recommended then.

Yes I'm uk.

Errr I'll try to do that - when ive googled to see what it means...thanks - that will allow me to view it on downstairs but not the upstairs tv (both connected to virgin, downstairs also connected to analogue aerial too).

Where have you located the DVR?

Can you get a cable down the conduct the TV coax run down?

There are a number of various ways to do this wired and wireless and with IR remote control of your DVR at the TV

DVR in the hall.

TV x 1 in lounge

TV x 2 in bedroom above lounge

Don't want to do with wires. Would like to do it for much cheaper than the first 2 suggestions here so would like to learn about these many ways wireless.

Don't care to have any control of the cameras - I just want to view them.

Thanks.

Ok sounds like wireless solution then

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-8ghz-Wireless-video-Sender-interference-free-1-x-Transmitter-x-2-Receivers-/181086943533?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_WirelessVideoTransmitters_CA&hash=item2a299f792d

1 Transmitter at DVR and 2 Recievers ... 1 at each TV hooked into AV input

You will also need a phono to phono single short cable and buy a BNC-Phono adaptor to fit on DVR end

i don't use or recommend wireless for video. period.

One wire? How about many wires in many directions.

your original post said you wanted to run from the dvr to *two* tvs. two does not constitute "many".

No way could I run a wire from the top floor(third) back loft to the ground floor front kitchen or even the basement and the separate garage.

there's *always* a way.

I can give access to my neighbors who only have to purchase cheap receivers which I have several that work great.

your original request said nothing about sharing with the neighbors - your wanted to run to *two* tvs in your own house.

I was successful in the past using cheap 2.4 GHz but it caused gross interference with Wi-Fi all up and down the street.

i wouldn't really call that a success... "o hai neighbor, sorry about f***ing up your wifi, but look, you can view my cameras now!"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-8ghz-Wireless-video-Sender-interference-free-1-x-Transmitter-x-2-Receivers-/181086943533?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_WirelessVideoTransmitters_CA&hash=item2a299f792d

You will also need a phono to phono single short cable and buy a BNC-Phono adaptor to fit on DVR end

Thank you... Have ordered this and between you, the seller, and the bloke at maplins I think I'll be able to sort this. Will report progress next week

i don't use or recommend wireless for video. period.

One wire? How about many wires in many directions.

your original post said you wanted to run from the dvr to *two* tvs. two does not constitute "many".

My original post? Show me.

No way could I run a wire from the top floor(third) back loft to the ground floor front kitchen or even the basement and the separate garage.

there's *always* a way.

Not if you don't own the dwelling.

I can give access to my neighbors who only have to purchase cheap receivers which I have several that work great.

your original request said nothing about sharing with the neighbors - your wanted to run to *two* tvs in your own house.

I think you are simply confused.

I was successful in the past using cheap 2.4 GHz but it caused gross interference with Wi-Fi all up and down the street.

i wouldn't really call that a success... "o hai neighbor, sorry about f***ing up your wifi, but look, you can view my cameras now!"

Chill out my friend.

I have worked with my neighbors to make sure there is no interference and have a collection of 2.4GHz devices sitting on a shelf to prove it. There is no interference using 5.8 GHz.

Thank you... Have ordered this and between you, the seller, and the bloke at maplins I think I'll be able to sort this. Will report progress next week

Drop me a PM if you get stuck bud and i'll help you over fone

Receieved that ^ unit this am.

Easy to set up - just connected everything up.

Works brilliantly.

Thanks to everyone for their help / advice.

Kev