IPorAnalog

Sweet Hybrid Job - Axis or Bosch

I am currently trying to decide between 2 great IP cameras: the Bosch NDC-274-PM or AXIS P3364-LVE...The Bosch is 720P, but has a 1/3" CCD. The Axis is 1080P with Lightfinder, but a 1/4" CMOS. The Axis is 2x the cost of the Bosch.

I am trying to establish a perimeter on a large house, with a pool house and a separate garage. Most of the cameras will be looking out from each building, with some criss crossing. The yards are big. I planned to use an external IR illuminator from Axis for night time in low light areas.

As far as Bosch cameras go, their 1080p CMOS cameras price the same as their 720p CCD cameras....

Bosch NDC-274-PM or AXIS P3364-LVE -15 cameras installed in soffits around the whole property (20ft in the air). The Bosch flush mounts, the Axis does not.

1. How is the night time, low-light image quality between these 2 IP Cameras?

2. If the Axis has lots more resolution, I realize you can zoom in later - for the same price I can buy twice the number of Bosch cameras and flush mount them?

3. How do you all weigh the Bosch 720p CCD and the Axis 1/4" CMOS...I know both companies are great, both cameras are probably great.

Labor is a set price, and I am looking to use this job in my brochure - so I am not worried about more work.

I'm looking for the best 15-20 camera system I can get where the materials are within the $15-$20k price range (not including DVRs and flash memory). Any help or recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi. lot of talk about the axis new low light range seen on site demos and they are good at night.

if your going hybrid which DVR are you using ?

When did Axis come out with a 2MP 1080P camara? I thought they only do odd MP resolutions, 1, 3, 5 MP. The 1MP AXIS P3364-LVE has very good low light performance, one of the best.

I originally planned on using an AverMedia DVR. The house has 4 original analog cameras, so I liked the idea of using the Hybdrid DVR. I was going to use Bosch VDN-244 720TVL Dome cameras to replace the old analogs....these run about $300 from B&H.

Is there a better option than AverMedia? I have about 10 Aver DVRs running and they are reliable, but this is the first time I am going to be pushing this many high quality cameras. I could run the Aver for the old analog, and some sort of IP software for the remainder? Any recs?

The Axis' camera is 1080P...not sure if that means 2MP. Axis also makes a 5MP camera in the same series, but it does not have the light finder. My main concern is these people can see their yard in darkness...and thermal is out of the price range.

Thanks for the interest guys! This job will be my showpiece job, so I really need it to be great.

Buellwinkle - Actually, I read your review on the Axis Camera without lightfinder. That is what got me interested in the Axis....but they are literally twice the cost.

I almost think I should just double the # of cameras and have nearly full overlap on everything.

OK, I think I found the camera to use instead of either the Bosch or the Axis.

What do you all think of the Pelco M10LW10-1E over the other 2?

This is an IP camera, 1.2MP, has an IR cut filter, varifocal, and is outdoor?

Pelco M10LW10-1E is around $700-$800 online.

OK, I think I found the camera to use instead of either the Bosch or the Axis.

What do you all think of the Pelco M10LW10-1E over the other 2?

This is an IP camera, 1.2MP, has an IR cut filter, varifocal, and is outdoor?

Pelco M10LW10-1E is around $700-$800 online.

Sure Vision is an awesome technology.

Have won many shootouts here with it.

You are missing an "i" at the beginning of your part number, it is an IM10LW10-1E.

here is a link to youtube - You can see it against the Axis camera there.

There are also many videos on their web page

Bosch NDC-274-P has CMOS 1/2,7". This camera is from economy line in Bosch. I don't recommend use this camera in lowlight location. If you are looking for high perfomance camera in lowlight mode than check new Bosch "starlight" camera NDN-733V02-P. I'm think that price will be comparable to AXIS P3364.

The resolution is not only the most important parameter. Equally important are streaming bandwidth, frames per second and lowlight perfomances and IR cut in Day/Night cameras.

If i had to choose between just those two options it would be the axis for the lightfinder tech.

however, have you looked at the Avigilon Bullet cameras?

It's a great camera for nighttime use with built in patented adaptive IR.

Meaning it will adjust the IR strength based on the histogram of the view as well as

the focus of the IR depending on it if you are zoomed out or zoomed in (optically) for your fov.

1.0-H3-B01-IR for a 1MP outdoor ready bullet 3-9mm lens IP camera

2.0-H3-B01-IR for a 2MP outdoor ready bullet 3-9mm lens IP camera.

throw their ENC-4P-H264 4port encoder (requires only one license) to bring

up to 4 analog cameras into the system Use a desktop computer for a server like an i3-i5 processor,

memory, storage and you are good to go..

and license keys to use the software.

Avigilon is very easy to use and what you see live is what you'll get recorded with lossless recording.

keyword avigilon bullet on youtube for some sample video.

cliff