When using WEB login you have to make sure that the port forwarded is the same as the port in the NVR/DVR/IPC, since the ActiveX reads the port from the DVR and tries to connect to that port.

WEB HTTP port doesn't matter.

So, situations:

DVR: 80 & 37777, Port forwarded 80->80,37777->37777 - works, web on port :80

DVR: 80 & 37777, Port forwarded 80->80,27777->37777 - doesn't work

DVR: 80 & 37777, Port forwarded 3780->80,37777->37777 - works, web on port :3780

DVR: 80 & 37777, Port forwarded 3780->80,17777->37777 - doesn't work

DVR: 80 & 27777, Port forwarded 3780->80,27777->27777 - works, web on port:3780

DVR: 80 & 27777, Port forwarded 3780->80,17777->27777 - doesn't work

DVR: 1080 & 27777, Port forwarded 3780->1080,27777->27777 - works, web on port:3780

DVR: 1080 & 27777, Port forwarded 3780->1080,17777->27777 - doesn't work

So, a simple general rule that always works:

DVR: X(web)& Y(data), Port forwarded Z(web)->X(web), Y data->Y(data)

This is only for connection via IE. With PSS/DMSS works without Y->Y forwarding.

Hey Dex, thanks for the reply. The thing is I did a 1:1 forwarding of standard default ports and came up with the exact same. 80 > 80, 37777 > 37777, 37778 > 37778 ... this yielded the same error.

Yes, PSS and gDMSS and iDMSS as well as IP Cam Viewer (on android) all work with A > B forwarding vs A > A (1:1) forwarding. In fact I'm pretty impressed with PSS and all it can do remotely (pulling in configs and such), so thanks Tom for kicking me in the a$$ and making me install it.

Also, when everything else fails, reinstall the ActiveX by deleting the webrec folder from Program Files.

True, PSS is a powerfull CMS. Also, if you want, you can carry it around on an USB stick, since it doesn't require reg settings (you can just copy it to a PC from another).

Also, when everything else fails, reinstall the ActiveX by deleting the webrec folder from Program Files.

But this has happened on 3 different systems.

True, PSS is a powerfull CMS. Also, if you want, you can carry it around on an USB stick, since it doesn't require reg settings (you can just copy it to a PC from another).

Excellent, I was just about to test that theory out for myself actually. Thanks for the heads up.

Are you sure you forwarded to the NVR and not to one of the cameras?

1channel, no disk, WEB 3.0 Interface (RTSP)... sounds like a camera interface, rather than the NVR.

Also, if some cross-port forwarding was done, some bizarre things could happen!

Are you using a new user account? Are you sure that you gave the user permission to playback? I vaguely remember something like this before...

Are you sure you forwarded to the NVR and not to one of the cameras?

1channel, no disk, WEB 3.0 Interface (RTSP)... sounds like a camera interface, rather than the NVR.

Also, if some cross-port forwarding was done, some bizarre things could happen!

Nailed it!!!

I forgot that I had a second entry in my NAT table for a camera that I was playing with on 37777 so that one was superseding the NVR and causing the "no disk" error!

Thanks for helping me pull my head out of my a$$ and start at scratch to sort it all out!

Wow, that is funny. I was actually going to ask you at one point if you were sure you were logging into

the correct DVR! Glad you figured it out though. Now just figure out how to get off that island!