I'm getting this error when I log into my nvr 3208 from anywhere outside the l

LAN.

Anyone know what this is about?

Happening on xp and 7.

I'm confused, are you logging into three different nvr's or are you using 3 different computers to log into one nvr

because in your post you said when you log into 'my' nvr which to me sounds like your logging into one nvr?

One NVR, 3 different external systems trying to log in from outside the network.

Any system inside the network hasn't given me that error.

I guess I should also say that I can't get any cameras to pull up after that... but I did click on a camera and then refresh to have that one camera pull back up (still got the error), then I couldn't click on anything again. In fact the web gui would only let me select 1 camera views and acted like it was a 1 camera NVR.

OK, now I'm getting alittle bit more info and now I understand your issue. Are you checking lan or wan when you log in? Are you clicking the 4 boxes on the bottom once your logged in for 4 camera view? That doesn't make sense that an inside network pc doesn't display no disk and an outside network pc does. The NVR shouldn't even know

where the PC is logging in from? Try reseating the hard drive and fully rebooting the nvr.

LAN.

Happening on xp and 7.

No disk is also none as no video in dahua terms.

have you done all your portforwarding for remote viewing. and also are you using PSS ...... also remember first setup is drag and drop from device manager. then you save your settings.

but sounds like a port problem

Let me clarify some more... I should have mentioned this is a windows dialog box that pops up when I log in (no matter which option Lan or Wan). It pops up with the title of "Info" and has the bubble with the ! and it says "No Disk" and there is only an OK button.

Also I can log in and see all the cameras with local computers AND phones or ipads outside the network.

It seems related to the active X control in my opinion... but that is pure guess based on it working in other ways.

Sorry for not putting all of this out there before, I guess my brain was foggy last night and I wasn't thinking clearly, I'm usually fairly thorough... but I was being rushed while I typed.

I have a Dahua dvr on my bench without a hard drive in it yet and it gives me the EXACT mssg you are explaining every is single time I log into it. Please check your hard drive. See if you can play back recorded video if you think nothing is wrong with it

I can log in with a computer on the local network and see all my recordings and play them back without a single hiccup.

Here is the error I am getting, you can see the cameras on the right are grayed out in a sense. They can not be clicked on.

NoDisk.jpg.73bdc9add9f7846547eea94c02f09515.jpg

Yup, that's the same mssg I get from my dvr that does not have a hard drive. I can see my cameras, but cannot record anything. It does not make any sense that you can playback though?????

I only have one hard drive in. I plugged it in to port 1 (at least that's what it looked like it was to me)... I know typically it doesn't matter but I was doing everything "by the book" as much as I could.

Also, as stated, I don't get this error or any errors on the local pc's, ipad (idmss) or phones (various android apps). I can search via IE on the local pc's and see everything but I can't see anything on the remote pc's.

I actually can't even see that there are other channels but channel 1 on the remote systems and I don't have a camera hooked up to camera 1 right now. Just 2, 6 and 7 at the moment (random channels are due to IP addresses I gave the cameras and keeping them in line with my channel numbers).

lso, as stated, I don't get this error or any errors on the local pc's, ipad (idmss) or phones (various android apps). I can search via IE on the local pc's and see everything but I can't see anything on the remote pc's.

LAN.

Happening on xp and 7.

No disk is also none as no video in dahua terms.

have you done all your portforwarding for remote viewing. and also are you using PSS ...... also remember first setup is drag and drop from device manager. then you save your settings.

but sounds like a port problem

what ports do you have open and have you loaded PSS onto your PCs ???

Umm... technically they are all open, but I am forwarding them via non-standard ports.

Instead of 80 I'm using 2280 and instead of 37777/37778/554 I'm doing 22777/22778/22554 as an example.

have you tried PSS software ???

you will need to set ports to 37777 and then alter ports once you have a connection.

Sorry, I meant to answer that in the previous reply. I have not used PSS yet.

I'm not per say questioning your knowledge as I'm more trying to understand why would I need to first connect to 37777 THEN alter the ports? My ports are default in the unit, just forwarded from non-standard ports in my router. I pretty much never used default ports going onto the public network (paranoia/security by obscurity). Are you saying that the IE/active X plug-in for the web interface is hardwired to some standard ports? This would be a terrible idea if they did this.

BTW, just ran everything as default ports, even port 80 as I'm on a commercial account and they (my ISP) doesn't it with the same results.

Still says "No Disk" when connecting outside the network via IE.

Gonna try the firefox addon to use IE's engine, but I'm pretty sure it's all the exact same for the most part. But hey, I'm willing to try just about anything. *UPDATE* Same results with IE Tabs+

any reason why you dont want to load PSS ???

No, it's on a list of things to check out.

Is there any reason I NEED to load it?

I want to be able to check my cameras out without needing to install some software no matter where I am (obviously besides active X). So, while I'm not opposed to running PSS, I do want to get to the bottom of this so everything works correctly. Plus when I install a system like this I'd like to not have to tell the client "this part doesn't really work right, so you have to do this to use your camera. Which I know it's not at all what you were expecting but it is what it is."

PSS is much better for testing than the web browser.

also are you using your external ip from your home network this can also give you problems.

when using your mobile phone can you get onto your system with your external ip or just your local

I have DynDNS so I use it when I am outside of the office.

My mobile testing has been from my 4g connection on my phone and with the ipad it has been at various outside locations. Everything connects via my external IP just fine. Including various other services I have forwarding on my network. Just IE > external IP > NVR is the problem.

Installed PSS and everything works just fine. Can even playback previously recorded material remotely.

So, EVERYTHING is working BUT port 80 when coming in from external.

When using WEB login you have to make sure that the port forwarded is the same as the port in the NVR/DVR/IPC, since the ActiveX reads the port from the DVR and tries to connect to that port.

WEB HTTP port doesn't matter.

So, situations:

DVR: 80 & 37777, Port forwarded 80->80,37777->37777 - works, web on port :80

DVR: 80 & 37777, Port forwarded 80->80,27777->37777 - doesn't work

DVR: 80 & 37777, Port forwarded 3780->80,37777->37777 - works, web on port :3780

DVR: 80 & 37777, Port forwarded 3780->80,17777->37777 - doesn't work

DVR: 80 & 27777, Port forwarded 3780->80,27777->27777 - works, web on port:3780

DVR: 80 & 27777, Port forwarded 3780->80,17777->27777 - doesn't work

DVR: 1080 & 27777, Port forwarded 3780->1080,27777->27777 - works, web on port:3780

DVR: 1080 & 27777, Port forwarded 3780->1080,17777->27777 - doesn't work

So, a simple general rule that always works:

DVR: X(web)& Y(data), Port forwarded Z(web)->X(web), Y data->Y(data)

This is only for connection via IE. With PSS/DMSS works without Y->Y forwarding.