MRWHITE35

Problems with a geovision GV-250 and GV-600

A mate of mine, which works were a security company, recently brought up for me to try a geovision GV-250. I installed this in my PC system, which is a P4 2ghz processor, 512 meg ram, 64meg G force 2 graphics card, and a 200 gig maxtor HD. It was running a great for a week, then it started to play up, the picture is all messed up with horizontal lines all the way through it. It looks a black-and-white (in daytime). So thinking it might have been the card he then put in a GV-600 card, but it's exactly the same! He doesn't know what it is. That is why I am asking for advice here! It is not the camera as it works fine, when plugged into a TV or my cheap and nasty 4 ch DVR card. We have tried different versions of the geovision software form v6.0 to 7.4 but it is the same. I have also formatted, the PC reinstalled everything from scratch, but still the same, tryed a different camera don't get the horizontal lines, but the video is very choppy with pinky red pixels are all over the picture. Any help would be much appreciated.

PS: the cards were tried in a different PC with the same happening!

Which country are you in ?

It sounds like you may be using a pal camera with the Geo set to ntsc, check that nobody has changed the setting.

If so go into "video source" and change from ntsc to pal.

The motherboard I am using is a gigabyte GA-8IRXP with Intel 845 chipset. The other PC is a AMD 2600 with VIA chipset (which I know is not supposed to be compatible, but I thought I would try). I have checked the settings I am using pal and a pal camera

thanks

Choppy video is expected if you are using the GV-250, and also if you are using the GV-600 with more than a one camera due to frame rate limitations. The red pxels or dots you are seeing, I would think those are related to the camer more so than the DVR. What type of camera is it?

Scottj

The one camera that I get, horizontal lines through the picture is a cheap wireless camera that I got from eBay, But it was working great for about the first week with a GV-250. here is a link (the camera still works very well when plugged into a TV/Video recorder)

http://cgi.ebay.com/30LED-Wireless-IR-Security-CCTV-Camera-4CH-receiver-M11_W0QQitemZ6014185648QQcategoryZ66738QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The second camera, with the red/pink pixels. I have two of these cameras and both the same, but they are very sharp and good picture quality when plugged into a TV (same as the cheap one wireless one) and they also work reasonably well with the cheap 4 ch dvr card

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6010068623&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

The choppiness, I have only had one camera plugged in to test.

Thanks

Do you have any "non-Ebay" cameras lying around that you can test?

Those cameras are junk to be honest (not trying to insult you) think of it as a lesson learned. I will never knock a guy for trying to save a few dollars, I as an end user you probably had all good intentions and didn't know any better at the time.

I recommend you get a decent quality camera and hook it up. In order to troubleshoot your problem, we need to eliminate the high risk variables which are those cameras.

Scottj

I know the cameras are no way near the quality that people on here are using, but I only want it to help protect my car on the drive, It's not as though I needed to run it over a factory or nightclub, So I don't need nothing fancy, I will ask my mate to see if he can bring a camera from work for me to try, but like I said earlier, the cameras seem to be ok when connected to the TV or the cheap DVR card, and it was working ok for about a week, one other thing that I have noticed is when these cameras are connected to the PC (when it was working ok) in the night-time, the picture is a lot darker than when I plug it straight to a TV. I have played about with the brightness in the software and also the monitor, but still cannot get it anywhere near as good as the TV.

Thanks

A few days ago, my mate brought up a decent camera for me to try, the colour and quality is very good, but I still have the problems with the frames per second. I have ticked/and unticked smart, set the maximum frames per second to 25, and also 30 frames per second, but it still runs as if it is running at 1-2 frames per second, that how bad it is, I did have it running Nearly like real-time, but when I rebooted the PC. It went back to being slow. I don't get this problem with my cheap 4 ch ebay card.

I just leave the one camera on Channel 2 it seems to be reasonably ok, I set the frame rate to 15 FPS. But if I view the files through Windows media player it seems speeded up, so if I right click on properties. It says 30 FPS, is this normal?