cctv_survivor

Help with Geovision software for remote view

Well, I tried the GeoFix executable and it didn't work

I clicked it each button and it said, "ocx successfully registered" and "codec successfully registered".

Started up IE and went to my IP address, I can get through the first 2 screens. I select "mpeg view" and then Cable/DSL 1 window.

On the last screen it still says "activex downloading please refresh".

Should I give up on this and try JPEG view? Currently that option is not enabled.

make sure you are not usuign a shortcut to get to the IP address page, make sure you go to the first loading page, I know it's stupid but look at the top of your explorer page, does it havea small pop up saying you need to allow active x controls, to be sure I would try connecting ot the demo at Geovisions site.

Often people do not see the active x warning message

GV800 will run on Intel or SIS chipsets, VIA no.

Just FYI, I can say that this isn't entirely true.

I have an old MSI mainboard (Model KM2M ver 1.0) that uses a VIA chipset.

I bought a GEO GV-800 card several months ago, couldn't get it working with this unit to save my life. Within a minute or two of the program starting, the system would INSTANTLY reboot without warning. I never could figure it out. Put the card in an Intel chipset MB....I had no problems!

Anyway, I refused to accept defeat, tried just about everything, and when I was about ready to give up, I decided to go into the BIOS and selected "LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS" from the menu....and...voila!

Been running rock solid for the past month. No reboots, no problems.

This was on a totally clean fresh install of XP w/ SP-2

AMD 2200

512MB RAM

Nvidia GE-Force MX-440 video

180GB HD

Anyone with a Geo card and a MB w/ a via chipset....give this a try. I'm curious to see if I'm the only one.

It just depends on the VIA set. SOme work, some are unstable and conflict with the VGA chipset if not matched. I agree, I have made Geo work fine with AMD 64 also, no probs.

Scottj

wouldnt work on my Via ;-(

Also had a brand new Via mother board and had to switch it to a SIS as the DSP card wouldnt work at all.

Well worked but had issues .. quality was not good and lighting was messed up. The GV250 works fine on my Via though. (HP/Compaq AMD2000, 512DDR, ATI 128DDR)

I kept getting the activex is downloading please refresh error on IE.

To fix this problem I set the IE internet security to medium....

IE tools ->Internet options -> Security tab -> lower the slider to medium security