bhl

Best Touch Screen Video Wall for PTZ?

I am pitching a 30-60 camera deal. Fixed and PTZ at 2.0MP.

I want to sell them on a killer video wall-- 6 multi-touch monitors where they can control pan/tilt/zoom/presets, PIP, full-screen/quad modes, etc.

Customer also wants 30 days of storage, web/iOS viewing, etc.. going back in time to review footage is important, but not as important as easy real-time viewing.

Would love to hear recommendations on software, hardware, etc.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Brad

I am pitching a 30-60 camera deal. Fixed and PTZ at 2.0MP.

I want to sell them on a killer video wall-- 6 multi-touch monitors where they can control pan/tilt/zoom/presets, PIP, full-screen/quad modes, etc.

Customer also wants 30 days of storage, web/iOS viewing, etc.. going back in time to review footage is important, but not as important as easy real-time viewing.

Would love to hear recommendations on software, hardware, etc.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Brad

Any idea on what size screens you are thinking about and where is the project to be implemented?

Ilker

Was thinking 6 1920x1080 24" multi-touch such as ViewSonic TD2420.

Looking at Vivotek (VAST), VideoInsight, Exacq, Milestone, Nuuo... Lilin has a touch screen NVR that supports 16 channels very nicely.. but I want more cameras integrated into a single server.. but was hoping for something really dialed in for touchscreen.

Was thinking 6 1920x1080 24" multi-touch such as ViewSonic TD2420.

Looking at Vivotek (VAST), VideoInsight, Exacq, Milestone, Nuuo... Lilin has a touch screen NVR that supports 16 channels very nicely.. but I want more cameras integrated into a single server.. but was hoping for something really dialed in for touchscreen.

all avermedia are touch screen. on 4-8-16-32 or UK built 64 way

why touch and smudge the monitors when you can use kinect

if only this was purchasable

I can't claim to of ever tried a touch video wall but isn't this going to be very difficult to use?

Assuming that we are going 2 rows of 3, the video wall will be physically 66" wide, 5ft 6in wide. You would literally have to walk back to monitor 1, grab something, and walk 5 feet away to bring up on a monitor.

Also, unless there is some feature in windows that I am unaware of, you still have to go from monitor to monitor. So to get something from monitor 1 to monitor 6 I would still have to pass through 3 monitors. My experience w/HMI has been that 2 touch screens side by side is difficult, let alone 6.

Or am I totally missing something here?