drinehart

NEW WESTERN DIGITAL HARD DRIVE NOT WORKING IN DM ECO4

NEW WESTERN DIGITAL HARD DRIVE NOT WORKING IN DM ECO4

Just replaced hard drive, created partition, install and extracted firmware from DM website (D4CR)

and restalled in DVR and same error "Disk Problem - May be wrong FAT version suggest using monitor to

reformat disk."

seen another post on here about western digital IDE drives are really just sata drives with Ide adapters and wont work.

I bought the dvr used from a local security company and they had installed a replacment drive which was a WD 40 gb. when it failed i figured i would buy the same brand it had and upgraded to a WD 130gb.

Is there anyway of making this HDD work or am i just up the creek without a paddle?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

C&P from another site?

Here are the steps:

1) Get a new IDE hard drive. From what I read, I would stick with a 160GB or less, and an 8MB buffer or less.

2) Connect the hard drive to a PC, and power up the PC.

3) In Windows Disk Management, create a new primary partition on the drive, using all available space.

4) Use "Fat32Formatter" to format the disk.

5) Shut down the computer, disconnect the drive from your computer, and install it into the DVR.

C&P?

I have followed all of those steps already with the same result. I have read that no one has been able to use western digital ide drives and make them work but the same person used a seagate 1tb in a DM D4 using a sata to ide adapter....

Please advise

Thank you

Replacing the failed hard drive.

The failed hard drive was installed by a local security company.

Only had the dvr a week when it failed

Set your hard disk SATA at 1.5 Gbps data transfer speed

(move or add a jumper on your hard drive is required for this)

Good Luck

Jota

Post.- Ide drive there if you check the disk model versus the manual of your DVR compatibility (indicated by the model). Another solution even more complicated but is a sata-ide converter, which is placed on the same disk SATA, and gives you the option to connect to an IDE. At the end is connected to the DVR IDE controller on the inside of course. The simplest would be to change it with another disc of brand preference you had the damage.

Edited by Guest