CAcameraguy

Looking For DVR

Hi, I have been reading forum for years but this is my first post.

I install security cameras in Liquor store and gas stations. I have been doing so for over 15 yrs now. I cant find a nice easy to use dedicated dvr, with all the features my clients would like. All my installs are for independent mom and pop stores and many times they have never used a computer before. I have used systems made by AVtech, D.Watchdog,Capture,Monoprice(QTum). Some where re-branded DVR's. All have Pros and Cons.

Lately I have been installing a 16 Channel sold by monoprice but made by a Korean company called Qtum. Specs are awesome. 16 Channel, can hold 4 hdd at 2tb each, has built in dvd-rw, loop out, Multi monitor at once. VGA,BNC,Svideo.and most important for me is the Spot out feature that allowas me to see 1 cam,4cams,9, cams or all 16 cams with the ability to block what i dont want to be seen while doing what i want with another monitor such as playback. I have not been able to find this feature on any other dvr. When ever they have spot, its just for 1cam or Sequence. As for recording it can do D1 at 7.5 per cam with all 16 cams installed.

Problem with this dvr is the software is buggy. Many times the system restarts after playing back an event or trying to backup something. Also internet feed tends to freeze and only solution is to restart system. Also No software updates, instead they make you buy a new DVR, and new software tends to be more buggy than previous. This DVR is now 3 yrs old and is showing its age. No HDMI and no realtime D1.

I have seen many people here talking about Dahua and say great things about them. I also found Hanbang that from what i have read make a copy of Dahua. I found a few DVRs on Hanbang site that seem to do have the spot out feature and HDMI. Anyone know how this company is? How to buy from them and cost? Also if anyone can recommend anything else please do so. I am located in the State of California in the US. Thanks for your help.

"All my installs are for independent mom and pop stores and many times they have never used a computer before."

Not Dahua Clients.

Where are you located?