Sign in to follow this  
D922922

Geovision FE520 vs Mobotix Q24

Hi, I am looking at the Geovision GV-FE520 vs the Mobotix Hemispheric Q24 for a new system. Does anyone know which is better or are they similar? I could not find any comparisons. I know that the FE520 is a 5 mp whereas the Q24 is only 3mp. Also, I have heard that they both have the same view options (different types angles of view options) both being fisheye lenses. Is that true?

Hi. There are also two others to consider. CNB have just come out with a 5mp 360.

But out of them all the axis 5mp is best and half the cost of a mobotix.

Also out of them all the axis will work on some stand alone NVRs

Thanks for the tip but I am trying to stick with those two brands. I have a Geo NVR. Your right though, Mobotix is pretty costly. Anyone have any ideas?

I'd go the Geo anyday! not impressed by what you get from Mobotix

only reason I'd not go Geo is if your NVR does not support displaying of the De-warped views OR you have a location that has greatly differing light amounts, at which point I'd just go multiple 100 degree camera's

A little bird told me that Mobotix will be replacing all of their 3MP with a 5MP with 2x the low light performance very shortly. Very shortly should be 30-60 days but knowing Mobotix it may be longer so no promises.

A little bird told me that Mobotix will be replacing all of their 3MP with a 5MP with 2x the low light performance very shortly. Very shortly should be 30-60 days but knowing Mobotix it may be longer so no promises.

will that be at a 200% price rise?

will they not actually allow you to run the camera' at the full 5mp resolution, if you do will it be at like 5fps!? :P

I have a few weeks to make a decision where to go so maybe they'll come to the party, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll do the panamorph as well (so the pixels are in more useful positions)

Thanks for the heads up!

Yah Wrong!

Hello Michael

I believe the Q24 successor, Q25 will be launched around the Q3 timeframe, perhaps in the August / September time frame.

Meanwhile we have the S14 hemispheric camera system which is even more discrete than Q24. Here is an S14 link to our website:

http://www.mobotix.com/eng_AU/file/5668918/mx_PB_S14_en_130411.pdf

We have also just launched an S15 with 5MPx image resolution capability, however the S15 hemispheric sensor module will not be available until July.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.