Bouci

Need help finding outdoor PTZ with tracking

Does anybody have experience on Ganz (CBC group) outdoor PTZ domes? They seem to have at least the same level of built-in video analytics as the RIVA domes. They don't seem to be very cheap but I have no idea about their quality and reliability.

No experience on Ganz, anybody?

Buellwinkle mentioned somewhere that the tracking feature of Axis PTZ cams wasn't really very good. Have they improved on that or is it still suspect? I'd hate to shell out big bucks on their products, only to find out that they are not doing the job very well.

No the tracking ability in the Axis cameras have not improved. I have seen a lot of tracking PTZ cameras and never have been impressed with any out in the wild. I think you will be very disappointed if you get one.

The best analytic PTZ camera I have used was the IOI PTZ camera and the customer hated it. It was used to protect some water tanks for the small town and they always tracked the wrong objects even after hours on the phone with support configuring them.

The only decent tracking camera I have seen was an Analog Dynapac.

It had 3 fixed cameras telling the PTZ where to go. On a slightly breezy day it would track the hell out of trees.

Hi Guys,

We have a RIVA RC110, and we can get metadata out of this and can get it to email or ftp us on VCA alert, anyone know the best way to use the metadata?

Regards,

Daniel.

Hi Guys,

We have a RIVA RC110, and we can get metadata out of this and can get it to email or ftp us on VCA alert, anyone know the best way to use the metadata?

Regards,

Daniel.

RIVA metadata supports various VMS manufacturers. I'm use Digifort VMS together with RIVA cameras. This software accepts alarms via RIVA cameras metadata. Also, supports counting functions, generate graphical reports, etc.

Hi Guys,

Regards,

Daniel.

RIVA metadata supports various VMS manufacturers. I'm use Digifort VMS together with RIVA cameras. This software accepts alarms via RIVA cameras metadata. Also, supports counting functions, generate graphical reports, etc.

I think we might just use the RIVA's webpage to set everything up (got a job that will need to identify unattended items), I managed to download a utility tool called Hercules SETUP utility which basically accepts data via TCP and pushes out the VCA alarms there. But I still might play around with some VMS.

Thanks.

Actually, motion detection metadata is more complicated, then just alarms, generated on camera.

Real inteligent motion detection metadata contains all motion information, generated on camera.

This metadata is important not just for live alarms, but for post event search.

If you can record all motion information metada, you can create very fast pos event search algorythms to find an event in recordings. And this is not just motion in specified region of interest search. You can create any intelegent filter (loitering, wrong way, missed object, etc.) , and search will be very fast, because you will search only metadata informotion, but not do recorded video analysis again.

So, inteligent motion detection metada is not just alarm information. But, this metadata analysis is not supported on most VMS. Just "Live" alarms....