Sign in to follow this  
griffonsystems

wide dynamic range

i havent tested or used any of these cameras yet but think i might have a few applications to try them soon... i have 2 hotels where the front door needs to be covered and the outside ligtening will change with the time of day but the indoor lightening will be the same... the camera will be pointed at the door from inside looking out.. is this what this camera is made for?

ganz wdr box camera recommendation or should i go pano?

thx

The Ganz over the Pano in my opinion, we tested them both. Actually we found an OEM that is even better than the Ganz (the Ganz had a "blueish" color to the video that looked weird). That is a perfect application for the WDR technology.

Scottj

i have to say the pano is almost 3-d looking in comparison to the ganz. i have a couple of sites on remote view with the cams used together in multiplexing and as soon as i figure out how to upload them thru wavereader you'll be able to see the difference as they are in the same site.

Wide Dynamic is the ability to optimise contrast in differing levels, and the ability to handle both dark and light images in the same picture, they are perfect for situations similar to what you just described

for example WITH WDR APPLIED

60063_6.jpg

AND WITHOUT

60063_5.jpg

What are your favorite Dynamic cameras? That is a Beautiful picture.

I have seen Pano mentioned several times. Panasonic WV-CP484

Interested more in box cameras, but hearing about domes is good too.

erased my other post because i found i had started one with the same topic - wide dynamic range.

does anyone have part number for the pan or ganz or the oem box camera???

can you have wide dynamic range without the day/nite feature? this one is for inside where there wont be that big a difference between nite and day so the camera prob wont switch

thx

pg

Yeah. The one I listed above.

They call it Super Dynamic.

Another Model Number:

Panasonic WV-CP480 SuperDynamic III PLUS Day/Night High Res

Panasonic Camera Page: http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelList?storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&catGroupId=14458

Ganz Camera Page: http://www.cbcamerica.com/cctvprod/ganz/cams/index.html

Here is one from Ganz (Box):

Computar / Ganz / CBC America ZC-Y30NH4 1/3'' Color hi res, wide dynamic range w/frame integration

Compact Version: Computar / Ganz / CBC America ZC-YHW701N Hi-Res Color WDR

http://www.cbcamerica.com/cctvprod/ganz/cams/csmount/csm_pdf/ZC_YHW701N.pdf

say COP ...

I wouldnt use another one of those if they were free ..

Yeah you would. What don't you like about them? Other than the word COP!

The COP cameras you posted Kand.

no i wouldnt, they are as cheap as cheap is ... they were the first brand of products i used in the start and they all just stopped working after a couple months, and image quality was horrible. I put them in for a local guy here in a couple stores also last year, cause i needed the doe, and well they were still horrible, forget about trying to do a professional install, it wont matter. Lets put it this way, Id rate them the same quality as X-10 and Rat shack cameras.

Now that is really bad. X10 and Radio Shack.

Just can't trust those specs I guess. That's why I just keep asking.

There are specs and than there is reality.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I saw or heard that "Were are the Leading" or "The best" or "Highest Rated" and so on.

You probably mentioned this somewhere already, but what is your favorite Wide Dynamic camera? You don't like the Pano 484?

What do you think of the Ganz Wide Dynamic?

Is there a consensus that the Panosonic 484 is the best wide dynamic camera availble for the money?

What other models should one consider that are comprable?

Are Wide Dynamics just not being used that much due to price and their features, which are really not needed in most cases?

They seem to handle back light real well and offer a better quality picture, but that part I guess would mainly pertain to outdoors?