vda

split ohne video signal on two monitor

what i need too do if i want ohne video signal too split on two monitors, but the point of split is to bee somwhere on the coax cable

Just remember if you use one of those you loose 3DB of signal and if you are not keen on electronics 3DB cuts your signal in HALF. You might not can afford that much loss in your loop. Also while I am teaching class a barrel connector BNC FEMALE to make your cable longer also adds 1/2 to 1 DB of signal loss to your loop or loose 1/3rd of your signal.

Charles R Irvine

not an accurate one... but a good rule of thumb... if you are going to run more than 10 meters from your connector I would advise not suing it and using a distribution amplifier instead, keep in mind, many DVR's , Monitors and analogue devices have what is known as a "loop out" which is exactly what you are looking for!

T connectors are cheap so why not get one and try it. If you find the video to be distorted then you'll have to invest in an active VDA, but sometimes a T can work even in adverse conditions so nothing to lose by giving one a try.

Sorry to say you are wrong but 28 years in electronics a good HP Spectrum analizer and HP Communication Service Monitor and years in electronics schools prove the loss I speak of also I have tested this from 1 Mz to 5.8 Gz. Most video problems stem from poorly installed connectors or cheap coax and poor installation habits unisolated splits are common for ground loops ect.

Charles R Irvine

As I have no doubt...you are aware!!

Technically you are correct however to the naked eye it may make little difference, especially if gold connectors are used on very short runs (close to the monitor etc) I am not saying that the extra resisitance will nto have an effect, but it can be so minor that it is hardly noticed and I would agree with AV that it is worth a try to see the result, balancing the signal back to 75ohm 1v pk to pk would be better, however I doubt you will have an issue if it is only a short run.

Personally i would not do it, but you could at least try it!

I'm not saying that using a T is technically correct and you are certainly right about loss of video signal and impedance being halved, but all in all it really comes down to what it looks like (or in some cases how it records) and results are results and sometimes they ignore technical aspects.

It costs next to nothing to get a T and try it, and if they are happy with the picture then they saved the cost of a VDA. It may be wrong and still be right. I guess that made no sense LOL

Makes absolute sense to me AV.

It's worth a try to see if it will solve the problem.

In practice, the difference between poor quality RG59 and a decent grade cable, can be far in excess of the losses associated with fitting some connectors and adaptors.

A purist approach to maintaining signal quality at every stage is advisable and commendable, but in the real world, clients will rarely agree to pay the extra cost

As AV advises it will cost virtually nothing to try it & like AV we have seen situations where things shouldn't work but they do & the opposite also happens.