funone

2 cctv cameras and network through one ethernet cable?

Hi, is this possible?

I have one network cable going in the ground to the garage (as I need Internet connection in the garage). Now I would need 2 cctv cameras in the garage hooked to a DVR at my home. Is there some way getting the signal from these 2 CCTV cameras to the dvr through the existing ethernet cable? Without interrupting the Internet signal?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Analoc Cameras. That's the problem (?). I was thinking of 2 video balun's through a switch and then in the other end switch and baluns but I hear this wouldn't work.

I was just writing a question about that, I need to get some DVR that understands IP. Or is there som gimmick to get back to analog from IP?

Probably but then you've sunk a bunch of money into your system and are still stuck with analog. If it were me I'd either sneak two wires for your analog cams into the garage or switch to IP before sinking a bunch of money into encoders/decoders.

If you're using 10 or 100 Mbps Ethernet you're only using two out of the four pairs in the cable. You can try sending 2 x video on the spare pairs using baluns.

Gbps Ethernet uses all four pairs.

Sorry just re-read the original post, you want internet & 2 cameras down 1 single cable?

Hi, is this possible?

I have one network cable going in the ground to the garage (as I need Internet connection in the garage). Now I would need 2 cctv cameras in the garage hooked to a DVR at my home. Is there some way getting the signal from these 2 CCTV cameras to the dvr through the existing ethernet cable? Without interrupting the Internet signal?

Hi. you could remove your cat5 from network and use that for cameras and then run your network over garage power using Ethernet over power box. which is not expensive

Hi, is this possible?

Hi. you could remove your cat5 from network and use that for cameras and then run your network over garage power using Ethernet over power box. which is not expensive

That is if his garage is on the same panel as his house. If his house is not too far from his garage, why not go wifi?

If his house is not too far from his garage, why not go wifi?

well the answer to that is in the guys post. and wired is always better than wifi

What answer is in his post? I don't see where he says he doesn't want wifi? And if he would use the powerline adaptors,

wouldn't he be interrupting his internet? So tell me Tom, what is your data transfer rate with these powerline devices?

I like wired over wireless myself, but if your going to say something, at least back it up. Tell me how much mbps you

can get with the ethernet over powerline, just for the record.

What answer is in his post? I don't see where he says he doesn't want wifi? And if he would use the powerline adaptors,

wouldn't he be interrupting his internet? So tell me Tom, what is your data transfer rate with these powerline devices?

I like wired over wireless myself, but if your going to say something, at least back it up. Tell me how much mbps you

can get with the ethernet over powerline, just for the record.

Vector18 take it easy

power line adapters very often works just fine

u can get up to 100 mbps or even more sometimes

We are just having a discussion here, since you are the one who said wired is always better than wireless.

Doesn't the Netgear R6300 wifi router send data up to 1300mbps?

http://www.netgear.com/R6300#

If my math teacher took his meds when he taught me, than I think 1300 is more than 500, no?

Here is a screen shot of my current laptop using the internal wifi card. If I use my 5.0ghz usb adaptor, I usually get 450mbps,

and I don'not need no stinkin cables connected to my laptop. So, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just said you can

go with powerline or wifi, those are two options you can use because todays wifi technology has come a long way

and you can achieve speeds that are acceptable by todays standards. But no, you just wanted to shoot me down, as

you always do.

219309_1.jpg

Here is a screen shot of my current laptop using the internal wifi card. If I use my 5.0ghz usb adaptor, I usually get 450mbps,

and I don'not need no stinkin cables connected to my laptop. So, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just said you can

go with powerline or wifi, those are two options you can use because todays wifi technology has come a long way

and you can achieve speeds that are acceptable by todays standards. But no, you just wanted to shoot me down, as

you always do.

Next time see if u can use other network tools and provide screenshot plz

example DU Meter

You asked what I used I told you .....yes you can get high ...so what

Is this another post your going to mess

Please quote where I actually asked you what you used. I don't remember asking you. I do remember me mentioning

wifi and than you saying wired is always better than wifi.

I simply asked if you can back up that statement. Than I provided a link to a wifi router that can transfer up to 1300mbps

and than a screenshot of my wifi data rate. How am I messing up this post? All you had to do was rather than be negative

towards me and my reply about wifi, was to say that either idea would be fine. If you ask me, this is another post that

you have ruined.

Next time see if u can use other network tools and provide screenshot plz

example DU Meter

I think I've done enough. The OP just needs ideas and suggestions on what he can do. This is not an internet speed contest and we're not here to argue amongst ourselves, we are here to help people that need our help. I just wish every member on this

forum would feel the same way.