MR2

IR Illuminators Installation, RayTek, where to buy

well, I've tried a local PoE Illumination and the unit I bought, even though it was a 60 degree angle, ended up being like a spotlight with one very bright piece of concrete and the rest too dark to see anything, I've heard Raytek are good, so where are you guys getting them from and at what price?

I'm curious for installation technique as well, are you guys using the 120 degree units or sets of 60's or ?

http://www.use-ip.co.uk/raytec-raymax-50-120-outdoor-high-power-poe-infra-red-led-illuminator-rm50-120-ip.html

that's the best price so far, and I'm more than happy to order international to avoid paying 3 x that for it locally

That unit you tested is good, have used them before and the raytec and sorry but the raytec is overpriced.

Did you measure the distance to area you are trying to illuminate?

60 deg narrow pattern probably not what you need to start with

Interesting, I wanted the reseller to swap it for a 120 degree but he refused

this one set me back around $500, anyone aware of a more reasonably priced source?

Hey one of my friends has installed from Axton and he said that it is performing very well. Even I am planning to install it from there. Also, he has installed it for 120 degree units and it covers a good area. They are even reasonable, he said.

i bought a bunch of 2nd hand raytecs on the cheap last year, i found that the 30degree angle was useless, i carefully opened one up and removed the optics, i now have a diffuse and wide coverage out of my illuminator.