RickyGee

Forum SUCCESS! – Dahua bridged system works!

If recordings are set to normal record, schedule based and the motion detection is activated, the devices will record 24x7 and also will make a separate log with motion detection, thus not affecting all-day records.

But for this case, you have to disable all motion-based recording and just leave the motion-based detection (so logs can be made).

Try as I may, I cannot follow that and I've read it four times.

What I was referring to is searching within web service by file. It may very well behave fine if searching with PSS- which I agree is the better way to search and backup files. But searching by file, it will indeed show regular main stream recording files and have mixed in with them, motion recording files. It's all chronological, but searching this way does break up files separately. I'm sure it's fine otherwise. It's just I always search by file.

What's your case so you need to search by file? Isn't it simpler to search/download by time with an event option?

I've yet to see this feature work on my dahua NVR with built in POE. It follows main stream settings only and does not change with motion detection. Not sure if it's an nvr problem or the cameras problem. Using all dahua 2mp mini domes and one 2mp auto focus dome with audio.

NVRs are linked to cameras, so they depend a lot on what happens in the cameras (disregarding the protocol). Even in an ONVIF enviroment (which will become a standard), NVRs will oblige the rules and the mode of the cameras encode&work.

If recordings are set to normal record, schedule based and the motion detection is activated, the devices will record 24x7 and also will make a separate log with motion detection, thus not affecting all-day records.

But for this case, you have to disable all motion-based recording and just leave the motion-based detection (so logs can be made).

Try as I may, I cannot follow that and I've read it four times.

What I was referring to is searching within web service by file. It may very well behave fine if searching with PSS- which I agree is the better way to search and backup files. But searching by file, it will indeed show regular main stream recording files and have mixed in with them, motion recording files. It's all chronological, but searching this way does break up files separately. I'm sure it's fine otherwise. It's just I always search by file.

What's your case so you need to search by file? Isn't it simpler to search/download by time with an event option?

Assuming you have continuous and motion set for the same time period, I'm referring to doing a simple search of the days activities within web service by choosing a date, between the hours of a time, and a channel. It will of course bring up files that fall within those search parameters. Such as this menu, which shows regular recording and then a motion event in the list.

1964181653_Searchmenu.jpg.c181c6f94485c4d38d62655f93ce899a.jpg

Interesting that the only way I see this behavior is logging into web service WAN. The multi camera split is automatically at sub stream settings but any camera that you bring up single screen will automatically climb up to main stream resolution. This behavior does not work if I log in via LAN, nor does it do it in PSS. I'm running the same version PSS as you. In those instances you open cameras at sub stream and even if you call one up at full screen, it remains at sub stream resolution.

One thing I noted; the toggle from substream low res in the multipane view to single pane main stream HD and 30fps only works if you double click the image to toggle back and forth (PSS). If you use any other method (like the pane view icons at the bottom of the screen) it will not automatically go to HD or back to low res. You will instead simply blow up the sub stream image, or reduce the main stream back into the multipane view. It drove my buddy crazy until I showed him. He kept using the icons and would have several small main stream images loaded in the multipane view bogging his CPU.

Perhaps in my virginal blissful ignorance and trial and error school of hard knocks, I inadvertently and unknowingly set up a series of configurations between the cameras, the NVRs and the PSS that made this work....? I'm grateful either way, because without it, the project was toast.

"...life is soooo complicated." The Kinks - 1971