Sign in to follow this  
cctv_survivor

Residential Cams

I am looking to setup a home surveillance system. I want to monitor each side of my house while I'm away at work, vacation, etc. Something to give me piece of mind while I'm away and.....because I love to work on DIY projects

I saw the recommendation for a KPCn600-H1 camera as a "best under $200 bullet cam". Would this be an over kill for my situation? I'll be mounting these cameras under the eaves of my house. They will need to be weather proof and ascetically pleasing (very important). The KPCn600-H1 is almost too "commercial" looking for my needs. Again, it is important that when someone glances at my house they don't automtically see the cams.

This camera has the look I want:

[edit by mod - non retail link]

Bullet Camera Color 1/3 Cmos 2Lux 6mm Outdoor 6mm lens (wh. Or bl. Case)

It's very slim, small and white to blend with the eaves of my house. The only bad thing is it doesn't have IR and I bet the performance of the KPCn600-H1 blows it away.

I guess I'm looking for a camera with the performance/features of the KPCn600-H1 but with the look of the one linked above. Suggestions???

Thanks!

You don't want to go with a CMOS camera, look for something that's CCD.

There are several cameras in that price range around, just do a search on this site and you will find a wealth of information.

Welcome to the board.