Hello,

I usually install Analog cameras but im branching out into the IP world.

I was commissioned to install 35-50 cameras into a new retail store. What i need is the software to run these said cameras. My plan was to build my own RAID server and run server software for them.

I would like software that can recognise preferably Dahua cameras because they are easily accessible to me.

Also would like Motion Detection as well as smart search capabilities such as Object Missing Search capability (where after an object goes missing you can search back to when it was there, select it and it would tell me when it was taken). People counting and face detection would be a plus but not necessary. Id also prefer a software that cameras licenses wernt necessary.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks

Take a look at Geovision software, it has analytic capabilities built in. My experience with analytics with megapixel cameras is that you'll need a ton of processing power, maybe one core per camera. Maybe an HP DL580 series or equivalent, with 32-40 cores. Storage is certainly important and I think the DL580 can have 8 internal drives although you said you are building your own raid storage array.

Wow, i didnt think it was that cpu intensive. For the analytics it wont be on all the time i dont think so it shouldnt be crucial.

Just checked with geovision, they only support 32 channel. I need about 30-40. Solution would be to get another smaller one and just run both?

Thanks

Have a look at Avigilon and their thumbnail search.

If you cant find the footage you need in 5-10 minutes you are doing something wrong.

I'm just waiting for new firmware for a Dahua camera to test with ACC to make sure i can record on motion. Hopefully that will be today.

I'm just waiting for new firmware for a Dahua camera to test with ACC to make sure i can record on motion. Hopefully that will be today.

Let us know plz

skomo wrote:

Let us know plz

it didnt work. the firmware is General_IPC-HX3(2)XXX_Eng_P_V2.210.0001.0.R.20130517.

tried it on the IPC-HDW2100

However the hikvision DS-2CD2032-I is currently recording on motion...

I just hope dahua gets the firmware right as it is about half the price of the hikvision

cheers

You are buying software that costs as much as the camera and you are worried that a 3MP camera costs more than a 1MP camera? Doesn't the Lorex version at Costco cost $175, so are you saying that you are getting the Dahua for $88? Wow, that's a good price. Best I can do is $90 on that camera.

I'm in Australia, so we don't have Costco.

I've got the hikvision from a supplier that has oem'd it and it cost me just over $300. The Dahua cost me about $170.

As I'm an Aviilon reseller I'm testing with a demo license so software costs are nil.

it didnt work. the firmware is General_IPC-HX3(2)XXX_Eng_P_V2.210.0001.0.R.20130517.

tried it on the IPC-HDW2100

However the hikvision DS-2CD2032-I is currently recording on motion...

I just hope dahua gets the firmware right as it is about half the price of the hikvision

cheers

Thx for info