Sign in to follow this  
igorek600

VMS/NVR Rcomendaiton

I need to choose VMS for a client. He will have 20 Axis 2-3 MP cameras, all running at at least 15 FPS. He will need to integrate it with POS system (IP or RS232). Total 7 Cash registers. The biggest concern is price and performance combination. So far my choices are:

Avigilon (love the software but high price plus 2-3k on POS integration license is a killer)

Exacq ( price is right but stability and search function is turn off)

ONSSI ( Don't know a lot about this software but looks like one of a market lifers)

NUUO (used it before but stability is a concern)

Any other recommendations or thoughts

I would go with Avigilon.

I've implemented the POS feature and the search is unbeatable.

What license did you get quoted? standard or enterprise

The 7 POS licenses should be less than 2k (if it was me selling it anyway)

Agree with Avigilon

I have 20 full hd and 4 hd cameras on 1 server.

5 pos points. Works very well. Avigilon Standard Version.

Regards

hi. also take a look at the avermedia. Full POS just as avigilon but no licence costs and can also be used for stock control.

Does aver have a stand-alone software NVR? I look for one now and again but never seem to be able to find it.

Does aver have a stand-alone software NVR? I look for one now and again but never seem to be able to find it.

Hi. yes its called NXU

Interesting. I couldn't find it on the averusa.com site (where I normally look), except under Downloads/Discontinued Products, but it's listed as a product here - http://surveillance.aver.com/model/NXU8000.

It looks like it's the same basic software that runs with the NV series boards, except it uses a USB dongle instead of an installed card to activate the software features, which would be nice - I don't run any analog on my Aver boards.

It also looks like it's only offered in Europe and the UK. I can't find prices except in pounds and euros. That may be why I've been unable to find it before.

Have you looked at Milestone XProtect, they have products in various price ranges. Actually Exacq is not cheap because their Start edition, if that's what you were thinking of is limited to 16 cameras.

Milstone is a nice software but very resource hungry. Aso as of Exacq I was looking at pro, as I understand there are no fees for POS integration, only lincences on per cam base. Avigilon POS lincencing is per station what drives price up a lot.

Edited by Guest

Avigilon POS lincencing is per station what drives price up a lot.

Is there a way that you can get all pos streams coming into 1 device and then output that 1 stream to Avigilon ? a POS server maybe?

That way you will only need 1 license.

I was able to get 4 effective pos devices on 2 licenses this way.