kitt1993

Video Editing Software

Hello,

Hopefully this is the correct place for this post...

Is there a software out there that will let me edit DVR video? I have a Zmodo brand DVR and when I download it to my PC, I have to use the AVI Generator to convert it. How ever, when I try to edit it in Windows Movie Maker, it doesn't recognize it.

Also, is there any software that will let me FF 16x? Window Media Player only goes 2x..

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

Just remember any edited video will be useless in court.

When you say edited, you mean if I take a 45 sec clip form a hour long block?

Also, does any one know where to get a real good outdoor microphone? I wan to add them to my network. Looking for around 5 of them.

Bryan

Adobe Premiere Pro is the way to go /awkward rhyme is awkward

I think simple editing (like cutting a certain clip out of a long video) would be okay but you should preserve the original video just in case.

As for the microphones, follow Kawboy12R’s link. But why not upgrade your CCTV cameras to record sound as well?

Adobe Premiere Pro is the way to go /awkward rhyme is awkward

I think simple editing (like cutting a certain clip out of a long video) would be okay but you should preserve the original video just in case.

As for the microphones, follow Kawboy12R’s link. But why not upgrade your CCTV cameras to record sound as well?

You will probably think I'm crazy, but I bought a Netrome setup years ago and when I upgraded to Zmodo, I kept the old cameras in place as I found they had waaaaaaaay more viewing angle. The zmodo cameras would only view about 30% at the same location as the Netrome. So I now have 20 netrome cameras along the side of my building. IMO They are a better quality. I can even take then apart to waterproof them. But thats the reason I don't get cameras with Mics in them.

Bryan

Try Adobe Premier Elements, or Sony Vegas

I looked on ebay and on downlaods.net.. This software is rather expensive. Like $400 plus.. Is there anything else out there? Or was I looking at the wrong stuff?

Bryan

Try Adobe Premier Elements, or Sony Vegas

I looked on ebay and on downlaods.net.. This software is rather expensive. Like $400 plus.. Is there anything else out there? Or was I looking at the wrong stuff?

Bryan

Mate, there are lots of other websites which offering free facility to download without any cost from eBay. Find there of Search in Google to instantly access to free download Video Editing Softwares.

Bryan

Are you sure there is no utility in the software management that can do this? Can you search footage by time, rather than file? Does your dvr have software besides just a web interface? Usually CMS type software has more ability than just web interfaces- some even having clip edit built in. So if editing short clips from large files is what you need, make sure you absolutely don't have anything available right in your system software.

Bryan

Are you sure there is no utility in the software management that can do this? Can you search footage by time, rather than file? Does your dvr have software besides just a web interface? Usually CMS type software has more ability than just web interfaces- some even having clip edit built in. So if editing short clips from large files is what you need, make sure you absolutely don't have anything available right in your system software.

I have called up zmodo many times asking about different issues, and I always ask if there is a video editing software available. They say no, and they "never heard of that". Its weird.

Yea, I jut want something real simple to clip video and then add all the clips I want together.. That's all.

Hello,

Also, is there any software that will let me FF 16x? Window Media Player only goes 2x..

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

It should be able to FF faster than 2x in most cases. (up to 16x on Win7)

When running WMP, right click on the video, enhancement, play speed.

Note the max FF speed depends on the video file (codec/format)

Try using Handbrake to convert the AVI into a format compatible with Windows Movie Maker.

Virtualdub might work for you as an editor, also.

+ 1 Handbrake. Windows Movie Maker accepts .wmv and .mp4 file well.

If that don't get what you want to get, then use AppGeeker video converter.

See: http://www.ilikemall.com/how-to/convert-avi-to-mp4-mac.html

Once they are mp4 they will then run on your WMM.