zizanio

helping chose a quality dvr

After several years of my wife hounding me to put cameras in my house, I decided to go forward. I have a working Pelco 4508 dvr that I found in the basement of one of my stores and several dome cameras. Well After I installed 2 of the cameras I realised that I will need a DVR that can handle at least 12 cameras. I started looking and realised the selection is endless. Can someone help me chose a good quality dvr that will handle 16 cameras.

What are the better names to look for? All posts are appreciated.

Nuvico Easynet Dvrs are simple to set up and have many features including free ddns service. Supposedly they have the best bang for the buck. Nuvico is all we install so I may be a bit biased, but they are very reliable and straight forward to install.

All depends on what you want and what you want to spend, I know some customers who want a full D1 resolution record and playback at 30FPS on all channels, where others are happy with 7.5 FPS at D1.

I have used the 16 CH Digimerge enterprise series and love them but they are costly, but you are getting eSATA, full D1 at 30FPS, 2x gigabit lan ports, 6TB HDD, DDNS, 5 yr waranty, but be ready to shell out several grand.

If you can provide us a list of what you are looking for we can be of better assistance.