sunnyny

Feedback about 4 Channel DVR

Yes, we started carrying this DVR about 2 months ago. Have about 23 out in the field so far. None of them have had any problems. The only thing we ran into so far was when connecting to the dvr remotely if your computer is a Pentium 3 w/ onboard video, 500Mhz or comperable it is very unstable. Freezes and hardly gets any video movement.

Pros

Very stable machine

Auto Tune Feature is nice

2 hard drives

Nice GUI

remote control

easy menu functions

Cons

simplex machine

no web server built in

USB can only be used for computer to dvr conection (no external cdrw or HDD)

Other than that we have had real good luck with this DVR so far. We package it and sell it at a great price. A good basic machine for small jobs. 20 out of the 23 sold have been conveience/gas stations. The other 3 have been in retail stores.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

_______

Edited by Guest

No, not yet but I can see what I can do. Problem is you can only have one user at a time viewing remotely.

I will try to get one up in the next few days and let you guys know.

Thanks

Used it before.

Frankly speaking, the Network features sucks. Haa..

Seems like i had been complaining abt the network feature of various dvr. Can't help it, remote monitoring's important to me.

Can you imagine typing in the IP address everytime you want to log on to the DVR ?

YES, the IP Address. You'll have to key in the IP address each and every time you want to log on to the system.

First, it has no web server build in. You'll either have to install the webserver on another machine, or use the one provided on the avermedia website.

Then, you'll have to key in the IP address and the password. You can't even key in a host name. that means if you are on DDNS, you'll have to first ping and then retreive the IP address, and then manually key in (copy and paste don't work coz the input screen request u to key in the 4 x 3 numbers).

On slower machine, the video images is terriblely slow and freez the machine.

We tried in on P4 Celeron 1.8Ghz w/256MB ram w/ONboard graphic card.

Don't really work on it. But on another machine, it's better.

Support live audio streaming as well.

But (i'll have to repeat myself again), the network feature cannot make it !!!

It's going for ard USD$xxx over here in singapore.

Add USD$20 for the optional remote contoller.

[edit by mod - please only retail end user pricing]

Yea the whole "No Web Server" thing sucks.

We host it for all of our customers so at least they dont have to mess with running the web server everytime they want to access their DVR remotely.

We tried in on P4 Celeron 1.8Ghz w/256MB ram w/ONboard graphic card.

Yes, it does not work well remotely on comps w/ onboard gpu's. Freezes and Glithches. Although, I have connected to one with a 500MHz, P3 256MB, but it had a 64MB PCI/GPU and it worked very well.

Other than the features being a little short of some peoples needs I would recommend this DVR. We now have about 37 of these out in the field 80% online. and they are all working perfect. Haven't had one problem or failure. Very Stable

HERE IS A DEMO IN OUR SHOWROOM:

Goto

http://www.cctvbuyers.com/demo/

under the Stand Alone DVR section its the first Link

Click on Demo 1

Then choose 4 channel

type in 63.237.30.14 Password is 111111

Check with you, there's a usb connector to connect to the PC.

When we do the playback on PC using the software, it sometimes shown some distortion on the images, those that you see when jpeg file are corrupted. know what might be causing it ?

Same things happen when we play back on the machine. Oaccssional corruption on the images.

The power wasn't interrupted during the recording, camera no problem. tried a few machines, all got this kind of glitches, but then again, customer never notice, never complain, so we never really bother. haa..

Just that it'd been eating into me. haa.

It's probably caused by using the motion triggered recording feature, which is not perfect on any vineyard based system.

Used it before.

Frankly speaking, the Network features sucks. Haa..

Seems like i had been complaining abt the network feature of various dvr. Can't help it, remote monitoring's important to me.

Can you imagine typing in the IP address everytime you want to log on to the DVR ?

YES, the IP Address. You'll have to key in the IP address each and every time you want to log on to the system.

First, it has no web server build in. You'll either have to install the webserver on another machine, or use the one provided on the avermedia website.

Then, you'll have to key in the IP address and the password. You can't even key in a host name. that means if you are on DDNS, you'll have to first ping and then retreive the IP address, and then manually key in (copy and paste don't work coz the input screen request u to key in the 4 x 3 numbers).

Our latest EB1104NET AP 1.0.12 version already supports the domain inputs and also the DDNS.

Customer could go to our ftp site to download it or could get lastest OCX after connecting to our EB demo site.

At the beginning of development of the AP, the connnection box used to memorize the IP address.

The main concerns to let the AP not to memorize IP is that customer may remote monitoring their EB1104NET outside office or using a public PC, and it is unsafe to let outsider to know a security server IP address for EB1104net its password is too simple and some customer will not or do not know how to change it thus the EB1104NET server's password is remaining as default and remaining in a dangerous stage.

It is our concerning of this unsafe status that remove the connection box to memorize the connection informatin.

Hi Wendy, thanks for joining, it is reassuring to see a manufacturer visiting the forum to join in on the discussions, especially from such a well respected and high profile company as Avermedia. I look forward to many more informative posts from you and/or your colleagues.

I would like to extend a warm welcome to your company.

Thanks again

Rory

For the price I have seen just googling it I think its amazing!!! Just to see a networkable dvr that cheap kinda scares me, not to mention the fact it has a vga out as well!! Where do I sign up to be a distributer of this line or is google going to rape us of any profits?? Never the less looks good for the price, I look forward to seeing the network viewing upgrades yet to come.

i think i'll still be in shock being in the US .. man what I would do just for a diner and a 7 eleven ...!!

depends on you, your clientel, what market you are going for, and how much support you can give a particular product.

One is a non windows all in one unit, the other is full of features.