troyg

700TVL Dome cameras

I just bought my first CCTV 8ch system off of eBay. It came with 4 bullet cams. When i view it on the monitor the picture looks amazing but when I view it from my Ipad/iphone or PC it looks so so. I dint pay a whole lot for the system but I was wondering if i bought a few better quality camera would that make much of a difference? I was looking at the 700TVL Dome cameras.

Will these make a difference for viewing remotely?

thanks

It's your streaming capability of the DVR lowering the resolution of the cameras. If you say they look great on your local monitor, than your cameras are fine. Keep in mind, you will notice a difference even with the best analog dvr while streaming to a mobile device over the internet.

Your DVR may only record at a lower TVL anyway. Most suppliers sell 700TVL cameras and the picture is great when connected to a monitor like you said, but if the DVR can only record at 540TVL then your quality is getting affected.

Also, like the post above mine said, it could be your streaming capabilities that are causing the drop in picture quality.

Remote viewing is often throttled back as most connections can not handle the full stream, so it is down scaled and the FPS slowed, that is why it does not look as good as viewing locally.