cwbmorrissette

GE Digia 2 HDD HElp

I am trying to repair the camera system at the theater that I work at. About a year ago, somebody screwed with the system, a GE Digia 216-640, so that it will not record. My managers had a tech come out, who set up the network viewing, and who stated that the drives were just corrupted. I reformatted the drives to standard NTSC format. The unit does light up the HDD light, but will not show HDD in the information menu and states no disk when its viewing cameras. Any help would be appreciated.

If I remember right this is an older unit? You could try resetting the entire system to factory default and then reformatting the drive but DVRS are very inexpensive these days.

I think you drive is shot too and for the cost of a new one you can buy a new DVR. It's the only piece of the system with moving parts. Try to find a three year warranty on one and one that offers a free DDNS.

Manufacturers have started teasing you by giving a free period of their free DDNS and then start charging.

It is older. Replacing is not currently an option due to the owner is about to have to shell out a lot of money to convert our theater to digital projectors. As to the drives being bad, Both drives are able to be read on a regular PC

GE Digia may be old, but repairable...

Most of the time is what hard drives what goes out. Since it has proprietary firmware (or software), it is self configurable... what you need to try is to remove the existing hard drives and install new fresh drives - if the system does not have power supply problem (rare), it should reconfigure your drive and have it available for storage... it will not recognize windows or any other format - instead its own.

Give it a shot and let us know.