Sign in to follow this  
quick_pick

Avigilon 4-12mm Megapixel lens on ebay--not my listing

I have a very strong feeling that you are just trouble maker. Look at how you make fights???

Wow man... I said " Avigilon doesn't manufacture lenses" they manufacture cameras

It's in text 4 times now in this post.

Time for some glasses man

I have a very strong feeling that you are just trouble maker. Look at how you make fights???

Wow man... I said " Avigilon doesn't manufacture lenses" they manufacture cameras

You say "Looks like some chinese fake to me"

I say "Avigilon doesn't manufacture lenses"

You say "I dont understand..."

I point out again that "Avigilon doesn't manufacture lenses"

You say "I have a very strong feeling that you are just trouble maker. Look at how you make fights???"

I am speechless right now.

Im sure you are... You cause a lot of trouble on this forum... I dont know if this is how you really are or if this is your act but you should treat others with respect....

I am speechless right now

@icamera what is your beef?

What was this mean??? Is this not example of your trouble making behavior?

Im sure you are... You cause a lot of trouble on this forum... I dont know if this is how you really are or if this is your act but you should treat others with respect....

How do I cause a lot of trouble on this forum? Someone said "Thought Avigilon manufactured in North Ameraica?" I responded and answered the question. How does that make me a trouble maker?

It looks to me like you have a bone to pick and are starting with me. I have more important things to do then to play your games.

Very few camera makers make their own lenses; they just rebrand them. I'm not an Avigilon expert, but I'd be really, really surprised if they made lens components and assembled them into lenses.

This is a Korean lens, though the same Avigilon PN comes in both this lens and a Fujinon lens. Most Fujinon lenses are made in Japan, though you'd have to check the marking to be sure. The Fujinon is also not made by Avigilon.

I have this lens, bought a fair bit cheaper than this listing, though this is a pretty great price for a lens with these specs, assuming they're true. I haven't tried it yet, but since it was a good price on a 1/2" IR corrected 5MP rated 4-12mm zoom lens, I like to buy stuff like this for the day I might need it. The Avigilon model number is LC41214SC, and TWG linked to the OEM data sheet above. Google it for more detail.

I'm planning on jamming the auto-iris full open and using it on one of my fixed-iris 1/2" cams.

I finally got around to modifying my lens and mounting it up on my Arecont AV5105DN 5MP camera.

Removing the auto-iris was simple - 3 screws to remove the shroud, 2 screws to remove the iris assembly, then put the shroud back on. It's fully open, but that's how I run most of my lenses.

Anyway, the quality is decent, but not great. The colors are a bit dull, and it definitely doesn't seem to be 5MP resolution. My Arecont MPL4-10 has a charper, clearer image and tends to cost around $100 or so. I'd guess that they got a batch of these that the customers were unhappy with, possibly when they switched from Fujinon to the Korean manufacturer, and they dumped them on the surplus market.

Well, it was worth a try!