cocacola

GeoVision GV-IPCAM-DN 1.3M Vandal Resistant Camera questions

Hi all!

I have some questions about i think a really old IP camera from geovision, the GeoVision GV-IPCAM-DN 1.3M

Is it any good? Got it for 150 euro, and look brand new!

-Why is there a micro sd slot? system seems to work fine whit out sd card in it it!?

-What kind of "wartel"(see pic below) do i need to connect to the housing for outsite use? Specially the size.

225362_1.jpg

Box picture, says 2.0mb, but the camera is i think the 1.3 version. box and camera do not match up i think.

225362_2.jpg

The sqrewholes do not look really wetherproof, is there a special sqrew needed or do i need to "silicone rubber" after installation?

225362_3.jpg

This big wire hole Ain't waterproof, whit kind of wartel do i need?

More questions later on...

Thanks!

i've used second hand cameras like this in the past that had a hole at the side, what i did was take the 'plug' from the hole at the back, and put it on the side, and then fill the hole at the back with a load of silicone.

those look like your standard npt threaded plugs, just look at waterproof electrical boxes at your local homedepot etc.

those look like your standard npt threaded plugs, just look at waterproof electrical boxes at your local homedepot etc.

Well i am living in The Netherlands (europe) and the size 3/4 25 they look at me whit big eyes in the shop.

So i hope someone knows the european size or/and a eBay link.

Typically, there's one plug open, side or back, and you move the plug to the place you are not using. In the hole you are using, you stick a conduit adapter you get at hardware store that sells electrical conduit. The manual for the camera should provide the specs. Do not know if conduit is different in Europe vs. the U.S.

Typically, there's one plug open, side or back, and you move the plug to the place you are not using. In the hole you are using, you stick a conduit adapter you get at hardware store that sells electrical conduit. The manual for the camera should provide the specs. Do not know if conduit is different in Europe vs. the U.S.

Problem fixed, camera up and running.