speter42

DVR or NVR?????

A typical old house!...

House faces North,... yard and garden face East,... back door faces South...West is an intersection (I'm on a corner lot) have had more then my share of theft! Things stolen off the front porch...stolen from the garden and yard. (Lot size is 150' wide by 250'

deep)...[North is 150' wide].

Want to see the kids in Colorado, Texas, and the East coast...and all points between...while getting there. What to buy???

My budget is between $1500 - to - $1700. Is a DVR or NVR the way to go?.....and why?

Personally I have H264 DVR players and find them very reliable. They have all the options you need for home use.They do have players that will record to hard drive and burn to cd or usb.

If you get 700 TVL cameras the picture reproduction is much clearer.

I have tried 6mm and 3.6mm lenses.I find 3.6mm is best for general use as they are wide angle and get everything.The 6mm is best for narrow access ways and longer distance.

Hope this helps

Personally I have H264 DVR players and find them very reliable. They have all the options you need for home use.They do have players that will record to hard drive and burn to cd or usb.

If you get 700 TVL cameras the picture reproduction is much clearer.

I have tried 6mm and 3.6mm lenses.I find 3.6mm is best for general use as they are wide angle and get everything.The 6mm is best for narrow access ways and longer distance.

Hope this helps

H.264 is a video compression standard not a DVR brand, I hate seeing this.

700TVL cameras will be wasted on a standard DVR as it will not be able to use all the pixels, I believe the max right now is 570TVL on a standard DVR, anything more and you need HD-SDI or the new 960H standard.

IP cameras and an NVR is more future proof, however a DVR and analog cameras are cheaper. I would say go with the IP cameras and an NVR.