Hi i need some advice on buying IP camera pls

1. With PoE function/wireless

2. Be able to use 4 channel DVR to store recording (2-4 cameras) or can record to PC/external HDD.

3. with all standard features (HD, Night vision, IR, 1280 resolution, motion detect, mobile device feature...)

can anyone pls provide me some models where i can buy them, under $500, thank you.

Hi i need some advice on buying IP camera pls

1. With PoE function/wireless

2. Be able to use 4 channel DVR to store recording (2-4 cameras) or can record to PC/external HDD.

3. with all standard features (HD, Night vision, IR, 1280 resolution, motion detect, mobile device feature...)

can anyone pls provide me some models where i can buy them, under $500, thank you.

First and foremost, stay away from wireless.

Second, almost any IP camera now a days will support POE.

Third, if you are using IP Cameras you will need an NVR, uless you plan on putting money into encoders to plug them into a DVR. Do with the PC option here if you want to avoid getting an NVR, many companies, Axis, Atci, mobotix all offer a viewer that can record the video.

Lastly, I think you mean 1080P I have never heard of 1280P, I would make some suggestions, but I don't know if you are looking for a bullet style, box style, dome, indoor or outdoor?

500$ should get you a decent camera with your requirements depending on the style you go with.

thank you for your advice and help, i decided not to go with wireless,

u mentioned about NVR/encoders, is it possible to record straight into your pc/external hard drive without needing to buy them separate?

and if u can, pls mention some models, i'm finding it hard to get any.

yea i mean 1080P, i need an outdoor camera, min. 2, dome/bullet/box doesn't really matter, and also will depends on the price.

the ones u mentioned are bit dearer in price for me.

thank u.

Hi, I m in Australia, $500 is for four cameras, plus NVR if possible or atleast 2 cameras.

if there is an option not to use NVR and directly record into external hard disk, that would be good too.

Basically i have a town house, and want to put 1 camera at the front and 1 at the back, i want to be able to power with PoE, and with all other standard features, and be able to record it.

i found this from web, is it any good? can you pls advise? thank you.

http://www.jetviewcctv.com/product_info.php?cPath=118&products_id=430

Hi, I m in Australia, $500 is for four cameras, plus NVR if possible or atleast 2 cameras.

if there is an option not to use NVR and directly record into external hard disk, that would be good too.

Basically i have a town house, and want to put 1 camera at the front and 1 at the back, i want to be able to power with PoE, and with all other standard features, and be able to record it.

i found this from web, is it any good? can you pls advise? thank you.

http://www.jetviewcctv.com/product_info.php?cPath=118&products_id=430

Sorry to say but not gonna happen for that price down here in oz unless you find something cheap on ebay.

If you double the budget you could be in luck with maybe the Dahau cameras and NVR, or maybe even the Hikvision products.

cheers

Ash

how about 2 cameras, can i get it under $500, do i need the NVR? i m bit confused, i thought we could record it straight to the PC, and can u pls provide some links to the website of companies that sell those cameras? i am not in position to spend more than $500 atm.

how about 2 cameras, can i get it under $500, do i need the NVR? i m bit confused, i thought we could record it straight to the PC, and can u pls provide some links to the website of companies that sell those cameras? i am not in position to spend more than $500 atm.

Mate, have you tried the guys at Jaycar? They do some brown box cameras.

Unfortunately $500 isn't going to get you very far unless you jump on eBay.

yea i tried Jaycar, they have the cameras without PoE cables, and only power on audio/video cables.

i don't mind Ebay as long as it does what is required, so i m thinking of buying this model,

can anyone tell me if it is good to buy?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Outdoor-Megapixel-HD-H-264-IP-Network-IR-Camera-w-POE-/220664067314?pt=AU_Home_Personal_Security&hash=item33609a74f2#ht_4856wt_1161

In the U.S. the least expensive deal I know of is 4 Q-See cameras and NVR for $699 at Costco, or their 2-pack of Swann 1080P cameras for $299 and use NVR software but there airfare maybe pricy to get it. It's just the duties/tariffs are quite high in Oz, the price of living in paradise.

A friend of mine purchased 4 Foscam cameras a while ago for $100 each - so $400 total. At the same time, I got myself an Axis for $800. To date, only one of his Foscams are working, and the image is crap. Mine still works great. It has a gorgeous picture HD and includes a 3 year warranty.

My advice? Get the best single camera you can afford. You can get decent NVR software for about $50 for your PC that should meet your needs. When you can afford it, get a second camera ... then a 3rd. Just don't get a bunch of cheap cameras all at once - you'll regret it. There are many camera choices for under $500 that you'd be very happy with.

With Foscam after a period of time you just hope they fail. I had about 4 between Foscam and brand x clones and one survived. I watch it once every few months just to see if it's still working, have no use for it but it lives on. Hate to put in productive use as that's when it will fail.

thank u all for your suggestions,

i like this one, from costco,

http://www.costco.com/Swann-1080p-2-Pack-HD-NVR-IP-Bullet-Cameras.product.100039914.html#BVRRWidgetIDand ideal for me to start, my question is

1. can i buy separate NVR (500gb) and connect it with these cameras and then use them?

2. can i just buy the NVR software and not buy NVR to record from camera to the PC?

3. This item is available in US only and they can't ship in Australia, so anyone have idea how i can get one shipped to Australia?

Thanks heaps.

Do you already have a PoE switch?

There is stuff all in Australia that I could find that are decent quality, PoE, and not too expensive.

Those Costco ones are rebranded Hikvision 2032s

I've just ordered a couple of 2332 exir domes from China Security Monitoring Wholesale on aliexpress.

It took 7 days for it to be ready to ship, and 3 to South Australia via DHL ($100 postage for DHL, they are awesome, direct flight from Hong Kong to Adelaide, saves me lots of time on delivery). They will be delivered tomorrow, so at this stage I cant report on what they are like...

Those cams work with something like BlueIris on the PC. Blue Iris is another 50 bucks or so, but you can tell it where to save the recordings, ie external HDD.

Soo, those bullets, 280 for 2 plus 100 express postage total 380, then 50 for blue iris, 430. You will have change from 500. That's in USD. Hopefully the exchange rate is kind to you.

Australian Customs duty only applies to orders including postage above $1000

http://www.costco.com/Swann-1080p-2-Pack-HD-NVR-IP-Bullet-Cameras.product.100039914.html#BVRRWidgetIDand ideal for me to start, my question is

1. can i buy separate NVR (500gb) and connect it with these cameras and then use them?

2. can i just buy the NVR software and not buy NVR to record from camera to the PC?

3. This item is available in US only and they can't ship in Australia, so anyone have idea how i can get one shipped to Australia?

Thanks heaps.

Hi burglar22

If Cosco ships to USA address then use http://www.shipito.com/ they will give you a USA address or registering and their shipping cost are low.

If the total import cost including shipping to Australia is less then $1000AU then you will not be charge nothing on top. But if it is over $1000AU you will incur a 10% duty.

And for the cameras any camera performs well during good light conditions its the low light conditions that separate the brands. But for what you are after I would recommend Dahua what ever brand its sold under or HKvision both are sold at Cosco. Or one better Acti cameras.

Have a look at http://www.NetworkCameraCritic.com buellwinkle site.

Do you already have a PoE switch?

There is stuff all in Australia that I could find that are decent quality, PoE, and not too expensive.

Those Costco ones are rebranded Hikvision 2032s

I've just ordered a couple of 2332 exir domes from China Security Monitoring Wholesale on aliexpress.

It took 7 days for it to be ready to ship, and 3 to South Australia via DHL ($100 postage for DHL, they are awesome, direct flight from Hong Kong to Adelaide, saves me lots of time on delivery). They will be delivered tomorrow, so at this stage I cant report on what they are like...

Those cams work with something like BlueIris on the PC. Blue Iris is another 50 bucks or so, but you can tell it where to save the recordings, ie external HDD.

Soo, those bullets, 280 for 2 plus 100 express postage total 380, then 50 for blue iris, 430. You will have change from 500. That's in USD. Hopefully the exchange rate is kind to you.

Australian Customs duty only applies to orders including postage above $1000

Hi, thank you for the info, are you talking about this one ? http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_show.asp?id=7872

no i don't have PoE switch but i can order it, and where do you get Blue Iris from? pls let me know how you go with the camera, so i can order the same one too. this is exactly something i was looking for. i will wait for your comments. thank u.

Thanks heaps.

Hi burglar22

If Cosco ships to USA address then use http://www.shipito.com/ they will give you a USA address or registering and their shipping cost are low.

If the total import cost including shipping to Australia is less then $1000AU then you will not be charge nothing on top. But if it is over $1000AU you will incur a 10% duty.

And for the cameras any camera performs well during good light conditions its the low light conditions that separate the brands. But for what you are after I would recommend Dahua what ever brand its sold under or HKvision both are sold at Cosco. Or one better Acti cameras.

Have a look at http://www.NetworkCameraCritic.com buellwinkle site.

Thanks heaps for the wealth of info and your advice, if i purchase the one from Costco, do i still need to purchase separate NVR?

If you are just buying the cameras only, then it's your choice how you want to record. I wrote an article on how to have the cameras write to NFS and then playback from the camera, so no NVR needed, especially if you just have 2 cameras to start. Also, you can get BlueIris, runs on Windows, works well with these cameras and its cheap, about $50USD and you can find it a little cheaper on eBay.

If you are just buying the cameras only, then it's your choice how you want to record. I wrote an article on how to have the cameras write to NFS and then playback from the camera, so no NVR needed, especially if you just have 2 cameras to start. Also, you can get BlueIris, runs on Windows, works well with these cameras and its cheap, about $50USD and you can find it a little cheaper on eBay.

yea i am just buying cameras for now, i will read the article and setup with NFS, or get BlueIris, Thank you so much.

OK so I've had the 2332s up 10 days. I'm impressed, and lay people comment how great the picture is...

Installation was easy, they came with sticker templates to drill holes in the roof.

They are in English, the only thing not translated is the day of the week in the "on screen display". It can be simply turned off.

The IR lights do light up a tiny bit red. So at night, you can just see them if you are standing in the right spot and know where to look. Also, if a subject is within about a meter of the cam at night, they are horribly overexposed, so much so their face is just a white blob. This seems typical of many cams though.

Blueiris is great. I haven't specifically tried onto an external HDD, but in my server I've chosen a secondary drive instead of C and it works fine.

One thing I noticed is that on my i7 860 server I could only get 10FPS from the cams. I changed my power scheme on Windows Server 2012 from "Balanced" to "High Performance" and it fixed it.

Server 2012 inbuilt NFS server didn't work with the cameras. It just wouldn't initialise. Same with FreeNAS... Hence my purchase of Blueiris

I got a TPLink PoE router for just over 110 locally, works fine...

My experience with China Security Monitoring Wholesaler was good. It took 7 days for them to get it with DHL, then 3 or 4 of days here.

Daytime quality is great. I've already got a funny video of me knocking over my letterbox while reversing into the drive, from 2 angles lol.

I chose PoE because I didn't have access to power points and I can hook a UPS up to the server and PoE router, and the cams will still function during a power failure.

Might upload a short sample day/night later when I'm at home.

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience with us,

i bought this one from Alibaba.com

http://www1.hikvision.com/en/Products_show.asp?id=7326

and now waiting for delivery from China, you mentioned about using Blueiris, can u please send me link where i can purchase one, and also how to install it? i have never used it before so it would be great if you could share it pls.

thanks heaps.

OK so I've had the 2332s up 10 days. I'm impressed, and lay people comment how great the picture is...

Installation was easy, they came with sticker templates to drill holes in the roof.

They are in English, the only thing not translated is the day of the week in the "on screen display". It can be simply turned off.

The IR lights do light up a tiny bit red. So at night, you can just see them if you are standing in the right spot and know where to look. Also, if a subject is within about a meter of the cam at night, they are horribly overexposed, so much so their face is just a white blob. This seems typical of many cams though.

Blueiris is great. I haven't specifically tried onto an external HDD, but in my server I've chosen a secondary drive instead of C and it works fine.

One thing I noticed is that on my i7 860 server I could only get 10FPS from the cams. I changed my power scheme on Windows Server 2012 from "Balanced" to "High Performance" and it fixed it.

Server 2012 inbuilt NFS server didn't work with the cameras. It just wouldn't initialise. Same with FreeNAS... Hence my purchase of Blueiris

I got a TPLink PoE router for just over 110 locally, works fine...

My experience with China Security Monitoring Wholesaler was good. It took 7 days for them to get it with DHL, then 3 or 4 of days here.

Daytime quality is great. I've already got a funny video of me knocking over my letterbox while reversing into the drive, from 2 angles lol.

I chose PoE because I didn't have access to power points and I can hook a UPS up to the server and PoE router, and the cams will still function during a power failure.

Might upload a short sample day/night later when I'm at home.

Also worth considering is Milestone XProtect. Their Go version is free with limits like 8 cameras and 5 days recording but it works well, lower CPU use than BlueIris, works with Hikvision and has very good smartphone apps that are free and has a decent web interface.

Thank you very much for your time guys, and all your help, really appreciate it and learnt so much within few weeks. i will update my experience with setting up the camera and its functioning soon.