jalltec

Geovision 800 - 16channel card on ebay - LEGIT???

What do you guys think/know about such discount ebay sellers?

I want the real deal, but I don't want to pay more than I need to.

Anyone will real experience.

here is url of auction: [edit by mod - link removed]

Thanks in advance.

You can look back over alot of threads and I'm pretty sure the ebay threads will run more negitively then positive.

1. There are alot of pirated cards on EBay. You don't know what you're getting.

2. They will not support you. If you have a problem we can help here unless you got hit by 1. Then you will be SOL.

My advice? Pay the money, get someone who will support you.

People should come here first, before they get burned on Ebay.

Not after.

Sorry about what happened to you, but I would think you would suspect something is wrong if the price is too good to be true.

Hope you can get your money back, good luck.

Thanks for the response guys. I did NOT buy that card. I ordered from Pal**id. Waiting for tracking#. I hope they are reputable.

At least the people on the phone were articulate. I called one other place and the guy could hardly form coherent words. Needless to say, didn't buy.

Thanks for the response guys. I did NOT buy that card. I ordered from Pal**id. Waiting for tracking#. I hope they are reputable.

At least the people on the phone were articulate. I called one other place and the guy could hardly form coherent words. Needless to say, didn't buy.

I have done business with them.

You just need to make sure you carefully pick out what you want.

Their policy is they don’t except returns of Geo cards.

They do phone verification if you ordered over the internet or should tell you when you are on the phone with them.

Other than that I received the product and it works fine. They say they offer lifetime technical support, but I have never called them.

So I get from this post that at least two folks from this forum have dealt with [edit by mod-non retail link removed]. I'm considering buying from them. My concern is that according to the GeoVision site they are not an "authorized distributor". Is this something that should bother me?

Thoughts?

MFM

Their prices are not retail pricing, so we dont recommend end user's buying from them, ofcourse. There is an authorised Geovision Distributor's banner at the top of this forum, specifically for end users (and dealers), their support is top notch, and they come highly recommended.

Note: Any company or website that puts dealer pricing on their web site for end users to purchase, are doing a dis-service to the industry and IMO should not be allowed to purchase those products from the manufacturer in the first place, and in fact should NOT be in the industry.

Also please note we delete all links (or anything with their name in it) to web sites with non retail pricing. Not singling anyone out in particular, just thought i would reiterate it. Thanks

Now that said if you really want to buy from one of those sites, its entirely up to you. We still provide support on this forum, once the product is not a clone

EBay can be a disaster; you get what you pay for. Bought a card from Hong Kong, worked but not stable and couldn’t upgrade. Paid for it with PayPal and went through resolution process to get my money back. There is one eBay seller that sells official Geovision products and offers support but not that knowledgeable. Clones are tempting but if you need security and not a new hobby buy the real deal.