yossib

problem in GV-800 Thers no audio in record

Hi

I need help...

I have DVR card GV-800, When i conecting to the softwer in reel time- I can hear the vois mic,

but when i want to watch in records, There is no saund!

I tried to fix that in the system, but I couldnt...

everything looks all right.

What can i do or chek to solv the problem?

thanks !!

The audio files are recorded separately from the video files. Video files are put in their own directories and the audio in theirs. When you playback the files a program combines the video and audio so you can see and hear the video.

If you want to hear the audio during playback in EZViewLog500, which is created when you backup the files for review, you have to click on the audio channel in the right panel window.

This will allow you to hear the sound, if that is your problem.

Check that first and see what happens.

but i can sea only the video without saund...

I think that ther's a problem in my computer,

What can i do to check it?

Can you make a list of things you tried so you’re not asked to do something you already tried?

Because with so little information your going to get answers like did you check the speakers.

That is because in trouble shooting you have to start out with the most obvious and work your way up to the more complex issues.

Need to narrow down the possibilities, so we can eliminate what would be obvious to us.

Audio seems to work fine in recorded video. The problem comes in when I log into web server, in multiview.

As soon as I click on the speaker icon to listen to audio from the server, all I hear is "popping" , like one every half second.

Setup:

p4 2.6

MSI mobo Intel chipset

1 gig ram

only 2 cams hooked up now (others not enabled).

1 audio input on port 1.

I get this on both of my pc's located here on the lan.

Haven't test from completely different sight yet.

Just had one idea. I'll try to change the codec.

Any ideas guys?

PS...... it happens even with the audio mic unplugged from the server.

So I don't think it is the MIC.

Monitor Sensitivity is set at 10

Gain Control is set at 0

It records audio.........only problem is when you try to listen to audio on webcam server. In geovision webcam gui, you click on the speaker icon to enable sound (from server). THAT is when i get the popping sound.

I tried changing the audio codec to the lower one and all that did was slow the popping sound slightly.

What type of Microphone setup are you using?

Have you tried adjusting the Gain?

What is the speed of the connection?

Have you tried it on a LAN?

When you play it back locally it sounds completely normal?

Usually one someone has this problem it is because they have the gain up to high on the microphone.

Not sure what is going on with your situation.

1. In live view mode from server.....I speak, small delay, I hear through speakers. wasn't planning on doing "wave out" anyway.

2. In playback mode on server (recorded video)........sound seems to be synced up just fine...basically normal.

3. In webcam mode (on the lan).....is when I get the popping.

4. Couldn't get my buddy to pull up webcam tonight from his house, so I could do a remote test yet....having unrelated remote issue with router/software.

5. Reffering to gain adjustment in geovision software......If gain is 5 or more there are serious realtime problems (feedback?), and there seems to be no volume diffrence with gain from 0-4. So I was going to leave it on 0.

Anyway, 0-4......same problem.

6. Disconnect MIC from server (no MIC)...............same problem.

7. LAST BUT NOT LEAST (I really don't want this to be the problem).....

I am using a cheap powered mic I ordered from Palmvid for about 25 clams. Looks about the size of cellphone earbud with rca connector and power connectors (comes with 12v PS)( MIC does not have gain control).

PS....just remembered the geo manual diagrams didn't match my gv800card version, so I had to guess about hooking up the audio card cable. It came with (2) a two wire "jumper pin type" cable, and a 5 wire keyed white plastic connector, which had a perfect mate on the card. I used the later. I think my gv800-4 is ver 3.0 or 3.1???

PPS. If we can solve this I'll be on top of the world. Just solved my TV out video problem tonight. If I find an appropriate place on the forum, I hope it could help someone else.

The small delay when listening live is normal.

Your having the problem when using Webcam, but it is working fine locally, so it doesn’t seem like a sound card issue or a microphone.

You wouldn’t have good audio in local playback if there was a microphone problem.

I just tested a Geo setup today with a microphone and it works fine over a LAN. I have the gain at 5 and the sensitivity is set at 8, but the system is using a more expensive Louroe Microphone.

I don’t know what the problem is off hand, but I would make sure that you have connected everything correctly to eliminate that as being a possibility. Other than that I would search the forum for this same problem as I know someone had this same issue in the recent past.

I know Scott has dealt with this issue maybe he or someone else will chime in with some additional information.