missmimi

SAMSUNG IP Camera with FREE recording software?

Hi everyone,

I've heard that Samsung IP cameras is bundled with free Samsung recording software and CMS software, is this true? I browsed through Samsung software and they have many different software ie. NET-i ware, NET-I viewer & SmartViewer.

Has anyone used this software for recording and CMS purpose?

Just wondering if you guys have any opinion that you can share with us on this free software that comes with the IP camera.

Besides this, what advantage does the free Samsung software has compared to NUUO SCB-IP+ software?

Thanks in advance!

Some brands offer free software specific to their cameras, some good, some not so good, have not tried Samsung.

Try Milestone XProtect Go. Milestone is the leader in the industry and has very expensive software but they make the GO version available for free for up to 8 cameras and includes a nice web interface and free IOS and Android apps to view the cameras and recordings. This way if you buy multiple brands of cameras in the future, you won't have to switch and relearn a new one.

Another free one is Axxonsoft, some people love it, some hate it. It's free for the first 16 cameras and 1TB of storage. Zoneminder and ISpyConnect are open source (completely free).

As far as Milestone goes, it's worth pointing out that the free "Go" version and the very expensive professional version are pretty much exactly the same other than limited capabilities on Go, such as number of cams, length of archives, number of access connections, etc.

Buell, were you going to do another Milestone review soon?