rory

Im in an Article on Extreme CCTV

Congratulations.

I recognize those pictures.

It is always nice to receive some recognition for something you work so hard at.

It will help your business. Nice worldwide exposure.

You did good Rory.

Is the EX82DXL around the same as the Pan 484 pricing wise? Other than the IR... around the same quality? Also, how does the EX82DXL perform outside in rain, winter, etc.?

No, the EX82 is double the price.

The EX82 are 2 seperate cameras with Varifocal Lenses, it uses a Photo cell to switch between the 2 cameras, and has level adjustment pots for both the IR and the Photo cell switching and power. The color camera is a strictly daytime or full light color camera, great quality and high resolution. The BW camera is a lower resolution camera designed primarily for infrared applications.

Performance outdoors is great, i have had an EX82 on the beach side for 5 years now, and they have been through many tropical storms.

Remember that question about which camera you would buy if you could only have 1 for the rest of your life and I answered, color for the day, BW at night.

This is the camera that I would choose, since it has both.

they also have the ZX55 which is double the infrared distance ...

and they now have the EX30 which is the same housing as the EX82 but a single day night camera, though i choose the EX82 over that model.

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/article/article.jsp?siteSection=390&id=6562

Kuwait Computer Services selected EX82 for its "no compromise" 24/7 surveillance capabilities. The camera's tough, all-weather housing and 6mm Lexan protective window make it the ideal choice for outdoor surveillance in the harsh Kuwaiti climate. With its low voltage operation, solid-state CCD technology and controlled regulated voltage, EX82 can operate for years without requiring regular service or maintenance.

"Extreme products are now being used for numerous applications in Persian Gulf states," said Jack Gin, President and CEO of Extreme CCTV. "Our EX27D Desert Cam is designed especially for hot desert conditions, up to 65 degrees C (158 degrees F)."

Other recent infrastructure projects in the region include surveillance for oil companies in Saudi Arabia and at locations in Iraq that cannot be disclosed. Extreme CCTV International, a subsidiary of Extreme CCTV Inc., will be presenting at the upcoming Intersec security exhibition in Dubai, January 29 - 31, 2006.

Wonder how they would handle winters. -20c -30c or so. Do they have a heater/blower option?

they have a built in fan. They are made in Canada so im sure they are used to the cold climate also.

Truly are waterproof, they have rubber suction sealed plates on the front and the back.

EX82DXL- Dual Sensor Integrated Day Night (IDN)

Camera

Pick Up Device SX400 Mono XLR Med-Res 420TVL

C700 Color CCD Hi-Res 480 TVL

Min. Illumination

ZERO (0) LUX – Operates in dark

Lenses

Varifocal Auto Iris – Day Lens

4-8mm varifocal – Night Lens

Infrared Illuminator

90 LEDs, Elliptical FHB Type

850nm or 940nm (optional)

Photocell Control Pot Included

Power Control

VRB for 12VDC or 24VAC operation

Consumption 22 W max

Voltage 12 VDC or 24 VAC selectable

Construction

Robust Aluminium Casting

Window 6mm Polycarbonate on metal frame

Dimensions

130mm (H) x 134.5mm (W) x 212mm (D)

5.1â€

Edited by Guest

How long does the infrared usually last?

What is the retail price for replacement of the IR?

I would love to have one of these at the house.

LEDs can last as much as 10 years, so far they have lasted 4 years (5 years 1 of them).

Not sure on the replacement part, I would figure after that length of time would be best to replace the camera with a new one, as CCD imagers eventually wear out and start looking crappy after 5 years anyway.

Thats the only thing I dont like about the UF500, it needs the bulb to be replaced alot, at least every 2 years, as it is a Halogen Bulb - whereas these are LEDs.

If I have a Pan 484 in a Pelco 3512 housing for example, can I add an IR/LED setup on top of the housing to use at night?

Oh OK.

Well from what I found it has 2 setup modes for IR application

here is the quote from the www. "Two user set-up files for Day/Night mode (more responsive for IR applications)"

So I guess it will work with an IR ill. but it would still all depend on the nanometer wavelength of LED.

Wait till Rory sees this he should be able to give some good input

since he is the IR master.

I dont know about the Panasonic as it doesnt say what Spectral Response it has. Im sure it must have some ... i just installed 3 Sanyo's in housings, with 3 Extreme IRs and worked well.

Sanyo is rated up to 1100nm, I would need to get more info from Pano before I used it with IR. The wide dynamic technology may actually be an issue.

Rory

Congrats on the article rory

At this rate you'll soon be a global surveillance celebrity (then who's going to do your cameras for you?).

The only thing that spoilt it for me was the article above yours about CCTV on the London Transport network - if I see another quote from Londons Mayor saying how brilliant they've been at installing total c**p, I'm going to ......

Sorry, rant over ....