Sign in to follow this  
icamera

Blue Iris NEW FEATURES

I want it to work with my older ACTi cameras that used to work with it. I would like smoother recorded video. I would like a web interface that had the option of full resolution images, not low res versions. I would like a web interface that was close to their normal PC interface and had the same functionality. I would like multi-camera playback. I would live a timeline to scrub and would playback at least 4 cameras at a time. I would like it to use the camera's motion detection instead of doing it in the server. Would like them to separate the server from the client. I would like it to have missing object or more advanced search options. I would like it to have some basic analytics, like cross a line counter, detect a human form vs. a tree shadow. I would like it to find all my cameras and auto-configure. I would like a CMS component so you can have multiple servers and view them from a single interface. I would like it to use very little CPU when doing server side video motion detection. I would like to recognize alarm inputs from cameras.

And most important, do all this and keep the price the same

Excellent ideas...

Anybody else?

I want it to work with my older ACTi cameras that used to work with it. I would like smoother recorded video. I would like a web interface that had the option of full resolution images, not low res versions. I would like a web interface that was close to their normal PC interface and had the same functionality. I would like multi-camera playback. I would live a timeline to scrub and would playback at least 4 cameras at a time. I would like it to use the camera's motion detection instead of doing it in the server. Would like them to separate the server from the client. I would like it to have missing object or more advanced search options. I would like it to have some basic analytics, like cross a line counter, detect a human form vs. a tree shadow. I would like it to find all my cameras and auto-configure. I would like a CMS component so you can have multiple servers and view them from a single interface. I would like it to use very little CPU when doing server side video motion detection. I would like to recognize alarm inputs from cameras.

And most important, do all this and keep the price the same

Definitely less CPU usage. I've been using it with some Foscam cameras but now that I have ACTi I can't use it because of the load it puts on my CPU. Had to start using the ACTi NVR but I liked how BI would send me a video in the email from motion detection.

How about making the video that gets emailed a little longer with more pre-frames? When I was geting them I would always get video with a car already parked and not pulling into the frame.

I want user controls. Accounts with permissions.

More reliable motion events.

Less CPU usage.

Camera motion instead of CPU motion.

Better search tools.

Improved web interface which allows HD video streaming.

Those are all need to haves, but let me throw in a cool to have feature which is License Plate Recognition (LPR). A feature that has been asked about several times on this forum and one that is financially out of reach for most hobbyists.

Also, another cool to have feature would be integration in to home automation, like MiCasaVerde devices. For example, the ability to trigger a response based on motion detection, like have lights come on, curtains open, siren goes off, balloons drop. Frankly, I just want it to play "hail to the chief" when I come home

1. Less CPU usage.

2. Camera's motion option.

3. Multi-camera playback

4. Better search tools.

I am willing to pay double - to be fair!