Chance I has a nice product. Good picture quality and some decent features. It is very popular in several DVRs being produced and sold commercially in the U.S.

I currently use a Chance I product that has a differnt GUI made by a Local Company . If you have any questions get a hold of me I can let you remote into a server and check it out.

Peter

They should be available in the next two weeks. I was told by Chance I USA they would be getting them in. I think Technovision already has them and they are the same thing.

About what percentage of a speed boost does a hardware compressed Chance-I card achieve over the same card without hardware compression?

Are these new hardware compressed cards a big step up in technology, or just a much needed addition to the cards?

Will they be releasing all new software to take advantage of the cards, or will they use the same existing software and just be quicker than the old cards?

Just curious.

Hardware compression boards compress the MPEG$ in the actuall chip of the card, this releases the workload of the CPU and allows for faster compression down the PCI bus this means that faster compression on the BUS and less CPU load makes faster recordings, Most DVR cards state thier speeds at 320x240 resolutions but when shifteed to larger resolutions like 640x480 it is about a 40% drop in frames in kost DVR cards, some are different and depends on the CPU as well Geo is about 25% from my testing. To buy the chips for the cards that compress on the fly are expoensive and you also pay for the technology, so manufactorers are trying to make them so that they dont have to pay for the development, like stealiing the idea.. but in order to do so they must make it work without the standard MPEG4 and at this point it is either too expensive or too unstable.

At the end of this month there will be new 64 Bit technology which will alleviate a lot of the headache and the AGP slot will be no longer as well as a faster PCI bus, this has put a lot of manufactorers on hold and therefore the people that were about to release these cards are waiting for the new stuff

The softwrae should look the same but would work faster.