mgb

Thoughts on ICRealtime IP Cameras

Just looking to see who here has experience with ICRealtime products.

I'm mostly interested in the ip cams and nvr.

I'm thinking for affordable ip cams in residential and small businesses.

I hear a lot about Dahuas here but the icrealtime seems to be the same exact cameras by a different name.

Maybe the dahuas are cheaper cost?

Any thoughts?

ICrealtime for the most part are rebranded Dahua's. They have some products that you do not see in Dahua, but for basic

cameras and nvrs, they are Dahua. Just buy Dahua and save yourself some money.

IC realtime are the main distributor for dahua always have been.

buy from the and you get full support.

free DDNS

free cloud

free software updates direct to NVR or camera

wich gives you as a installer better warranty to your customer

Great, thanks.

As an installer, I'd rather have the support provided by icrealtime. I'm also a bit hesitant to buy from some of the sources that I see selling dahuas.

A few months ago, I set up to be a distributor for icrealtime but I only did so because if one small job I was looking at and the customer already had that product as well as their software which doesn't support other brand cameras.

I think I'm gonna move forward with some icrealtime products.

Thanks

What are their prices like compared to other U.S. distributors? Also, they only provide a 1 year warranty where the Dahua OEM distributor in the U.S. we use provides a 2 year warranty.

Who is the Dahua OEM distributor that you use?

It seems like most places selling Dahua that I'm seeing are overseas or carry a very limited line

There is a whole topic on this site with a huge list where to buy Dahua and online retailers. Some of them support the product and some of them don't. You should get in touch with a few of them and ask about RMA, tech support, etc. Why would you spend sometimes double the price for a product at IC realtime when you don't have to?

Why would you spend sometimes double the price for a product at IC realtime when you don't have to?

you must know something we don't. there not double at all.

infact cheaper than some of the re-sellers who don't give support or don't even have site ftp login.

I think the misunderstanding on price is a while ago, Dahua cameras coming from distributors in China were cheaper, but that changed when Dahua cracked down on them. What I have seen though is prices slowing creeping back down again. They have to realize that the price is what made them attractive for a while, but if you charge as much as established brands with good support, you will not sell many cameras.

I became an IC realtime dealer at one time. They sent me their catalog with price sheet and one item almost made me throw up in my mouth was the 2mp PTZ with IR's that Dahua has. IC realtime wanted over 3K usd for it, and a local shop that sold

Dahua wanted 1200 for the same exact camera. Than, I started looking at the NVR's. I immediately threw their catalog in the garbage in disgust at the mark up they were charging. That's what I know.