CCTVDude

Home Automation and GeoVision

Have any of you done any Home Automation type stuff via the Geo?

Like turn a light on/off, open a door, etc.

I assume you use the GV-IO and a relay of some type???

Thx!

i havent with Geo, but you can use any Relay, even buy them from Rat shack .. just for simple stuff like releasing doors, etc, actually if the door has an electronic release already you can just tie that into the IO for geo and work it like that .. anything else, depends on the voltage for which relay you buy ... such as you can get high voltage relays for lights etc ... and then that converts down to the IO on Geo ..

Rory

Hooking up stuff to the Geo seems to be of interest to several people, including me.

Does geo have a document or some other information regarding the types of things that can be accomplished through these extra connections?

dont know but if someone sent me the IO stuff id hook all kinds of stuff up and let yall know : - ))))))))

basically anything that can be triggered .. a release, alarm contact, siren, etc ... all can use low voltage relays. Then just use high voltage relays for the lights, or even X10 if you must mess with those toys

dont know but if someone sent me the IO stuff id hook all kinds of stuff up and let yall know : - ))))))))

basically anything that can be triggered .. a release, alarm contact, siren, etc ... all can use low voltage relays. Then just use high voltage relays for the lights, or even X10 if you must mess with those toys

Those are nice cheap toys that have enabled me to turn lights on and off for over 20+ years.

One of the best investments for quality of living.

I love X10!

We probably get 1 deal per month from some rich guy that tried to cheap out with that crap.

Around here we call X10 - Job Security!

That’s right; we rich guys use X10’s.

How else you do you think we can save enough money to be rich.

If the cheap stuff works no need to buy any fancy stuff.

Anyone got any links to relays and guides to be able to control equipment via Geo?

I would like to be able to control a pair of electric gates that operate on a n/o contact.

Anyone?

I would like to close my gates for the new year

Anyhoo, happy holidays to all the members,and a prosperous new year to all inc Rory

We have tested all of the features. They work great.

One example, we hooked up a panic button to a IO and are able to have certain cameras record and ptz's moved to specific postions based on the button being pressed and unpressed.

We have tested all of the features. They work great.

One example, we hooked up a panic button to a IO and are able to have certain cameras record and ptz's moved to specific postions based on the button being pressed and unpressed.

Can you suggest a relay that will work with the GV-IO?

And BTW: We've satarting buying some GEO cards from Sal & Digital Watch Guard and couldn't be happier. Solid Company. Anyone considering, I'm happy to be a reference!

Thanks!

Sal,

do you need the gv/io net card or will the gv relay box work?I already have a gv net.

Also can it be wired up to electric gates/garage door opener,the type that uses a bell push type connection to momentarily make?

sorry if this seems obvious to you, just trying to get my head round it D

Thanks DuDe!

We use the Geovision GV-Relay box with it. Works fine.

I think you'll be seeing a GV-Relay w/ our next order... thx!

Cam2 any contact should work, whether it is a motion, beam, door release, door contact, etc ..

Tanks Rory.

Looking at the pdf on the gvio/net card,this will do what i want without a relay box.

It has 4 outputs and 4 inputs,am i right in thinking, connect one output to my gates then a wire back to the (com) on the card?

IO accepts inputs from sensors, etc and relay sends output to devices such as door strike, etc.

with relay, you always need an IO and GV-net

Sal we need a demo dude

on off light switch, or open close front gate, something like that .. man if i only had the relay thing ..

PS. does it work with the GV250??

Yeah sal demo

The gv/io will control what i need for up to four devices without the relay box.

Had a good read of the pdf and its capable of sending n/o n/c or pulse to low voltage door release etc.

There is also 4 inputs which will accept alarms etc , these can programme ptz to move to a preset on alarm/detctor activation.