jonhirschman

Wireless IP Camera (no red glow) for use as baby Monitor

Hi,

I have had a hard time finding an affordable (<$250) wireless IP camera with 940nm (no red glow) for use as a baby monitor. Does that combinate not exist in that price range yet? Or am I just not looking hard enough?

Thanks for any help.

I was hoping to keep the room lights off. We do have a 10W (or so) plug in nightlight but I don't think that will put light into the crib since it is located to low. We have a video baby monitor that doesn't glow red but it is hard coded to a monitor. So I thought it wouldn't be hard to find a comparable IP camera witch would provide the same IR light (invisible) but allow me to use any viewer (computer, phone, ipad, etc.). I could then use my router to map a port and view remotely as well.

I hated to admit it, but for a while I was just using one of the cheapie foscam wireless cameras and an old ipod touch but it had a red glow. I ended up buying a just an audio baby monitor because when it came down to it..I wasn't looking at the screen.

Hi,

I have had a hard time finding an affordable (<$250) wireless IP camera with 940nm (no red glow) for use as a baby monitor. Does that combinate not exist in that price range yet? Or am I just not looking hard enough?

Thanks for any help.

What is the distance of the camera to the crib? Because 940nm is 1/2 the performance of normal IR LED.

You are looking in the wrong place, what you need is a wildlife camera used for hunting where the 850nm leds would annoy the wildlife. It's hard enough finding what you want with 850nm, but Brickcom makes then, but not under $250 and not 940nm.

Camera would be about 3-4 feet from crib.

How about having the invisible IR shine down from the top? They are available as downlights with 90 & 120 degree option.

Camera would be about 3-4 feet from crib.

How about having the invisible IR shine down from the top?
They are available as downlights with 90 & 120 degree option.

and this is the direction I'd head, we have purchased some 940nm LED strips to play with, can't wait for them to arrive