Jino

Dahua IPC-HDB3200C + 12mm lens

Hi,

I have a problem with new lens I bought for my Dahua IPC-HDB3200C. I bought 2x 12mm lens to make some tests and I have the same problem with all of them.

Camera informations :

Dahua IPC-HDB3200C

Sensor Type 1 / 3" 2-Megapixel (Sony Exmor CMOS)

Lens Mega IR 3.6mm 1/2.5" - 2 MegaPixel

Max Aperture F1.6

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdb3200c--17.html

New lens informations :

Lens #1 => Mega IR 12mm 1/2.5" (Aperture Fixed F1.6) - 3 MegaPixels = MTV12-IR(MP)

Lens #2 => 12mm, format 1/3" & 1/4" (Aperture F2.0) - X MegaPixels = UNITOPTEK MTV-12MM

I thought the first new lens "Mega IR 12mm", which looks like the original lens, will be perfect for the camera, but no. Some parts of the image (live feed of the camera) are colored in pink ! Some darks parts of the image in fact. I tried the second lens to maybe have a best result, but no, same result.

When I try the original lens (Mega IR 3.6mm), I have not this problem.

Do you have an idea concerning the problem ? an lens IR filter ? Do I have to find a lens without IR ? Is it the MegaPixels number the problem ?

I will try to post some pictures, it will be more clear

Thanks !

If IR is the problem a photocamera IR filter works perfect, but I have no experience with this brand so I cannot tell you which ones fit best.

Your blacks go pink? You need a lens with IR filter, so it will not let any IR light pass, since the HDB3200C does not have any IR or IR cut filter.

Yes blacks go pink. On the first new lens, it is indicated "IR" and the model number is "MTV12-IR(MP)". There is "IR" in the model number, so it will be very strange it has no IR filter. I have to ask the seller. Else the first lens is a MEGA lens, like the original lens.

Concerning the second new lens, it is indicated "for IR CCTV Camera".

Do you know where I can find true IR lens 12 mm, M12 ? I seen a lens pack on DX.com, but I think I'll have the same problem ^^

That clarifies a lot.

The IR stands for IR corrected then. Normally a untreated plain glass loup has a different focal point depending on the wavelength of light. Menaning that without IR filter a non-IR corrected lens will not have a sharp picture if there is visible and IR light mixed or you need to shift the focal point when the IR-cut filter is removed and use only IR light. So you have the correct lens.

If you look at both lenses the difference should be that one has a (usually cheap red) coating on it. It should give a slightly different colour glare, if you know what I mean. Tell me if that is the case.

Lenses with a damped-on coating can be bought too. You have to look for a megapixel IR corrected coated M12 lens. There are lots around.

A better option is to buy a seperate small-size photo IR filter for about 10-20 dollars on ebay. The quality of those coatings is often much better. If it does not fit you can even cut it to size. Glue it on the the front or back of the lens. You can also glue it on the inside or outside of the camera housing. Lots of options there. You will end up having a better lens than the original. Or you could buy a coated M12 lens.

If you look at both lenses the difference should be that one has a (usually cheap red) coating on it. It should give a slightly different colour glare, if you know what I mean. Tell me if that is the case.

231094_1.jpg 231094_2.jpg

So it is the case ^^ The original Lens (3.6mm) have a small 'red' film glue to the back of the lens.

I have to find a small-size photo IR filter !

Thanks for your help

Yes that is what I meant.

You can look on ebay for a photo filter, IR-cut filter an that kind of search words. The small diameter sizes are the cheapest. Second hand photo shops might have them too and for a decent price because they have trouble getting rid of the small sizes you need because camera's keep getting bigger diameter lenses. Sometimes it is sold as a piece of square glass. You could also try to pry the filter from the chip of a deceased (foto film or security) camera because most quality camera's have a glass ir-cut filter on top of the CCD chip.

A often lesser option (because it is often a cheap coating) is to call some dealers who sell lenses andask for a IR-cut filter on it.

It is outrageous that the camera manufacturer does not sell a series of lenses with the same IR filter. A lens with a fixed focus is the best and cheapest solution but camera's with only one standard lens are mostly useless because you need to customize the focal point. Ultimately you will probably have a better one. Let me know if you succeeded.

Here are some places that sell IR filters that may or may not fit your camera:

http://peauproductions.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_12

http://www.m12lenses.com/IR-Cut-Filters-s/59.htm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/cctv-lens-camera-filter-IR-cut-new-/281148123133?pt=US_Surveillance_Accessories&hash=item4175bbe7fd

Fit may be tricky, depending on the clearance between your lens and sensor.

Hi,

Some news since my last message.

I bought a new MEGA lens with an IR cut filter. I asked my chinese seller if he known where I could fine one and he told me that he sell it. So the new lens I reveived works great ! I have true colors this time.

I paid $16 for it shipping fees included. If you want the link of his store, just PM me. I bought 2 Mega lens to him, he is serious and quick.