jj3777

adding audio

I bought a a dvr system and need to add audio. My dvr has a rca jack for audio. what is the easiest and the cheapest way to add audio?

Any rca mic will do.

There are cheapies and more advanced ones (with noice reduction, etc.)

if i get one of the wired mics from the web site. how do I install the mic? does it connect with the camera wire that connects the camera to the dvr.

A Louroe Mic? Depends on the mic as to what wire goes where for the mic, normally power and audio, 3 wires, can use standard 2 pair telco, 3 wires used are power, ground, and audio, then you bring that wire back to the DVR location and splice off for power and audio, and audio goes to the DVR, Power goes to a 12VDC source.

Anyway, once its a mic like those, just tie it into a RCA cable, splice it how ever you wish, you can even use a Terminal Strip to join it if you dont like tape or heat shrink. Ground to ground, center to center, the RCA plug end goes into the Audio Input on the DVR.

outside, you will get "alot" of background noise so it isnt suggested, but you could use a weatherproof box and caulk a mic into that somehow ..

I figured that but was wondering if there was something other than the plates for next to doors that was weather proof and less obtrusive and obvious.

By the way nice picture. Is that the latest in beach wear?