lemike

help configuring ltc0495 for catching licence plate

He bought the UF300. See the text above the picture.

Looks great. Very much the desired result.

Never heard of it ..

hi guys,

here is the derewent UF300 info page:

http://www.derwentcctv.com/uf300.asp

check also this chart to compare illumination distances:

http://www.infrarouge.biz/images/distance_chart_big.gif

i'm using the 730nm with a 30° beam (apprx 70meters of illumination)

the system is "quite cheap" approx 1000€ for all the components

an ltc0495 : 500€

a 5-50lens : 70€

a housing : 100€

an uf300 (a demo unit with power supply) : 400€

the great thing is that the camera is 50meters far from the capture area, and daytime picture is also great:

daytime.jpg

the bads things:

*the picture i quite dark before the color/mono swich

before_switch.jpg

*if the plate is non reflective, i can't see it:

nonreflective.jpg

*i just can see the plate, if a bad guys is enterring the parking i can't see him unless he is wearing clothes with reflective bands... (but i have 4 other cams for that)

quad.jpg

*the bulb had a life time of 3500hours and it cost approx 60€ to replace it

Okay .. now you know us on this side dont know what a metre is ..

Ill try and do a search on google ..

Actually Ive used the UF500's and UF100's, under the Extreme CCTV name, I wonder why Extreme never mentioned the UF300 to me before .. im going to ask cause I could use something for a replacement for a UF500 as its too powerful for the location, and the UF100 is not quite powerful enough ..will check it out ...

Well even with the Reg cameras the plates have to be reflective.

The Dim light, still gets the plate. Rememeber its zoomed in so less light gets through the lens, as opposed to if it was a wider angle.

I take it that 50 metres is quite far, as if close up the power of a UF bulb would be too much for licence plates, I use the UF500 on a driveway at 12mm and it is great but too much light on the plates at that distance - would be different i imagine if zoomed in to the full 50mm of the lens.

Anyway, looks to me that it worked .. congrats

Rory

Extremes new RegL1 helps the issues with non reflective plates and its less then the original. Hey rory have you tried the UFLED for your app? Its IR range is between the uf500 and uf100, plus its leds so less bulb replacements.

No I havent, but I need a wide beam ... 60 degrees and perhaps 2 of them in the end ... im still in discussions with Extreme on that, i have a uF500 there now and can move things around, plus the client has an open wallet if you know what I mean ...

60 degree 840 but its way to powerful, I doubt the 940 would cut it down any, ill probably end up with 2 UF100 60 degrees at 840 nm perhaps with 2 940nm filters as a back up ... see there are white walls at around 80' plus the main culprit, a small white concrete roundabout with a white statue in the center of it .. the 60 only covers maybe 1/3 of the camera shot also ..

Nope, need soemthing short not long .. the 60 degrees isnt wide enough and too far a distance ... may end up with just 2 EX82s in the end and scrap the 3mm wide angle single camera ... going to wait until the client gets back from Europe then go over the image shots with them and Extreme ... current cameras are already there, and Extreme IR, just need to make it better on at least 1 of them.