Sign in to follow this  
Adnan Ahmad

Identification Through CCTV,

Hi Friends,

I want to Build a CCTV based System in Which the System will Identify Persons in Real Time, mean That the camera will take the picture\video.. And that will be Processed by a Software which will check that image with Pre-Stored Images in Database .

The Problem is that i am new to CCTV world, and I don't have any Idea that which devices i need to buy to get the CCTV cameras Streaming on my Laptop, and also Store the Videos in my System Hd.

I will then Develop the Software to Analyze Pictures and videos.

Please if any one know, Help me,in this very problematic situation

Hi Friends,

I want to Build a CCTV based System in Which the System will Identify Persons in Real Time, mean That the camera will take the picture\video.. And that will be Processed by a Software which will check that image with Pre-Stored Images in Database .

The Problem is that i am new to CCTV world, and I don't have any Idea that which devices i need to buy to get the CCTV cameras Streaming on my Laptop, and also Store the Videos in my System Hd.

I will then Develop the Software to Analyze Pictures and videos.

Please if any one know, Help me,in this very problematic situation

Do you mean to say you want to write a software like the FaceVACS?

Hi Friends,

Hi Friend, I don't Know about FaceVACS, but off-course i am going to develop a software , and CCTV Cameras will be connected to Computer and that Software will then analyze the Data of CCTV and will Show who are passing by the camera,

If you got what i mean , Please reply that how can i connect CCTV cameras to my laptop

Any modern IP camera will support RTSP or have some screenshot URL, so your program can easily connect to the camera to get the video stream or screenshots.

I would recommend a Hikvision or Dahua IP camera to begin with, you have plenty of threads on the forum about them.

Hi Friends,

Hi Friend, I don't Know about FaceVACS, but off-course i am going to develop a software , and CCTV Cameras will be connected to Computer and that Software will then analyze the Data of CCTV and will Show who are passing by the camera,

If you got what i mean , Please reply that how can i connect CCTV cameras to my laptop

Connecting camera should be the easy part ?? It's the analytics you will be stuck with.

Lots of software out there already 90% of which does not work.

What are you looking to do with this software.

Hi Friends,

Connecting camera should be the easy part ?? It's the analytics you will be stuck with.

Lots of software out there already 90% of which does not work.

What are you looking to do with this software.

That is going to be my Final Term Project which i want to do , The job is to Identify persons in a department and to track someone in a department, i.e where is he now using CCTV and then monitor that one,

Any modern IP camera will support RTSP or have some screenshot URL, so your program can easily connect to the camera to get the video stream or screenshots.

I would recommend a Hikvision or Dahua IP camera to begin with, you have plenty of threads on the forum about them.

Can i connect multiple IP cameras? as my project will need more cameras....

Can i connect multiple IP cameras? as my project will need more cameras....

are you not best using a camcorder first ...... going with IP from the start is a challenge by its self ..... getting the SDK from each manufacture ......a software to work with other makes of IP.

is this a 1 off system ???

The OP may find this to be of interest:

1GhNXHCQGsM

It's based on OpenCV, an open source computer vision library, and they have an open source version of their algorithm available called OpenTLD.

The OP may find this to be of interest:

1GhNXHCQGsM

It's based on OpenCV, an open source computer vision library, and they have an open source version of their algorithm available called OpenTLD.

Yes that is interested, i wana do something like that, So for that How can i connect multiple cameras to computer?

and can you please give the useful tutorial links of openCV? or if that is available on this forum?

Depends if you want to go PoE e.t.c Connecting multiple cameras to a PC is the easy part.

Normally with IP cameras, just use a PoE Switch and then back it all up to a NAS. For your DVR, we use Milestone or Axis software, but there are tons out there.

May I also suggest looking at Intel's AIM software https://aimsuite.intel.com/ This basically works off the analytic's off a person. I know they have an SDK to download as I have it myself.

The only thing that we are doing that's similar to this, is our ANPR stuff (blacklist, whitelist e.t.c), but as you know thats with plates, not faces!