jisaac

MACE's Cam 68cir IR Color Dome Image

Looks like most IR domes in my opinion. We have tried a dozen different types, all end up looking about the same regardless of the price. I have found that if you want IR in a dome, use the Extreme units such as the EX46LED mounted next to a high quality camera. Those just work.

Scottj

that right there looks like crap. Their cam 53 looks 100 times better. You cant even see anything at the bottom because the ir's are backing up so far in the lens.

Edited by Guest

Cover all the IR's with Black Electrical tape.

Keep the IR sensor exposed..It should still give you a decent nightime picture.

Seriously..try it.

Or you can do that...though they are a pain to open. I dont know if they are like the Cam67CIR's I know they have changed the 68 to a different manufact.

Best way to do it is use 2 mini phillips screwdrivers. Put them in the shape of a cross and stick them in to the 2 holes on the front cover of the dome. Twist counter clock.

if it was cheap, best to just chuck it

Ive seen those on alot of chinese manufacturer sites .

cool, email them one of these images, and say "whaz up??"

i did that to Provideo before, course they didnt make the camera but still ..

I hope so. That looks terrible.

Thanks for the warning.

This reinforces my belief that unless somebody needs IR in with the camera due to budget, etc. the best thing to do is always have IR separately.

here is an example of a day night dome (not the sanyo nor Extreme) with seperate IR (wizKid WZ12LED). That plant is new and has to move .. or LED go up.

8-05-43-PM.jpg8-05-27-PM.jpg

Edited by Guest

its pitch black .. there are no lights in that area besides that light .. and that Day Night dome doesnt see very well in low light in BW mode anyway, its OEM, not cheap OEM though, something you'd find by Provideo or even Sanyo kind of pricing ... but seems to work well with the IR. So basically with the light off, it sees nothing ..

Jasper the EX12LED is more powerful and has controls built in, also more expensive, this one is good for short distances. Id probably just use this one. or step up to the EX26LED if you need more light .. dont think the EX12LED is that much better except having the extra control.

this shows the exact IR beam for that dome ... not sure what the lens setting is on this, but im taking its maybe a 1/4" and perhaps 4.3mm, so that beam is probably 10-20 degrees ..?

Bitmap36_solarized.JPG

this is a 60 degree IR beam from the Extreme UF100, power lowered manually 20% to get rid of glare on that building as was too powerful. this is with a 3mm setting 1/3". (should have used 2x 30 deg EX26LEDs and that bush is killing some of the beam)

uf100_Soloraized.jpg