floridaguy

Unable to remotely view NVR video through a browser

I am unable to remotely view my NVR video through a web browser but I can use the iPhone app just fine as well as connect and do everything within a web browser while within my home network. I can remotely connect to the NVR and make settings changes and pull/review the system logs but I cannot see any video. I have installed the plugin and checked my settings in my router and NVR. I was hoping someone could add anything I was missing.

Attached are my settings:

1664518892_portsnvr.jpg.10ebb37e3fce494b11a6dcf15063dd2f.jpg

869569168_portsrouter.jpg.0d4e67ad3be438531c3cc3b5c6cee4f8.jpg

I have a Comcast cable modem and a Linksys router. I just changed my HTTP in both to 3000 and can connect but still cannot view the video feed.

I can:

view video feed within a browser while on my home network

use the iPhone app

connect remotely and can read and change settings in all the menus and search and read event logs just no video live or playback

I cannot:

view video feed remotely within a browser outside my home network by connecting http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3000

Did you put in the gateway in the NVR?

'I have a Comcast cable modem and a Linksys router'

Looks like you have two routers. Linksys is usually 192.168.1.x while Comcast is 10.1.10.x.

Type in 10.1.10.1 and see if it brings you to the comcast router, if it does, then configure port forwarding on the comcast router and forward to the IP of the linksys routers, which you then already set up to forward to the IP of the NVR.

default comcast business class user and pw is cusadmin and highspeed if you need. for residential is admin and password .

- Does the nvr have CMS software and do you have problems with feeds in that?

- Have you asked support about browser compatability?

- Have you tried different pc's remotely, or is the problem just on one pc/laptop? Try a couple different ones and see.

- Are you sure you don't have your camera channels set to hidden? Works in the phone so probably not.

- Have you confirmed that all your forwarded ports are showing open?