Sign in to follow this  
seebo

suggestions for a outdoor PTZ

The only ones you'll find in that range are inexpensive cams like Foscam and their clones. Many people like them, but many people complain about them.

It's hard to find decent quality PTZ for under $600, and most of them aren't very small compared to non-PTZ.

If you hang in there, by February ACTi is coming out with a small 1080P PoE PTZ, 10x zoom for about $800-900 price range.

Currently, the least expensive PTZ I would recommend is the Dahua, 3X zoom, 1080P, small size $599.

Even the cheap Foscam, VGA resolution, 10x, outdoor PTZ is about $400 and who buys VGA cameras, cell phones or TV's these days.

The only ones you'll find in that range are inexpensive cams like Foscam and their clones. Many people like them, but many people complain about them.

It's hard to find decent quality PTZ for under $600, and most of them aren't very small compared to non-PTZ.

tell me about it. just didn't want to spend a lot for my first ptz and thought there was something half decent for 300 bucks out there. some of the ACT domes are like 2 grand lol. it must be some Swiss army type motorized internals to cost that much, because i seriously doubt the lens/camera they're using cost that much.. they figure most would use these cams in commercial application so $$$ is usually no option for many companies buying ptz cams.

i saw a few of them on ebay they might be worth risking $200, but they are the lamp type looking domes and appear big.

maybe i'll wait a bit longer and muster up a few bucks more to around $500-6 but don't really want to go above that. maybe hk or ESC or one of those companies will make an affordable unit.

They charge that much because there's a lot of R&D that goes into building one of these cameras. Not only does it have to "work" but they have to support it, warranty it, etc.

It used to be that PTZ VGA cameras cost $1000... now you can get a 1080P camera for about that price.

Your $300 is simply unrealistic. If you think that these are so cheap and easy to build go start a company that makes us a $250 1080P outdoor PTZ camera. Everyone here will be thrilled.